Wine Maker's Cruise

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It only comes in 2 sizes... bummer!

Debbie

Yea and trust me, 1 size does NOT fit all.

I saw a video of a german talk show that had a model show one. She had on a body suit underneath. Apparently on an occasion they would just pop off. (Insert adjective here). :tz:tz:tz

They say that the c string feels weird.

OMG... I can visualize that!

Graperman... I'll get you one as quick as I can. You should never have just 1!! Any color preference on this one?

Debbie

I recently took a Holland America cruise. They allowed us to bring on as much wine as we could carry; just couldn't take it out of the room without paying a corking fee. We could bring our own best so others can sample.

I took a Princess cruise; they wouldn't allow us to bring on any wine, period.

I am looking at 2 cruises now.Aug. 26, 2012 thru Sept. 2nd and Sept. 16, 2012 thru 23rd.
Current prices $769.00 a person and $649.00 respectively. These prices change from time to time as they try to fill them in.

First was on the Celebrity's Summit and Royal Caribbean is the second. Both 7 nights and sail out of New Jersey.

If anyone is interested PM me.

Last edited:
I am looking at 2 cruises now.Aug. 26, 2010 thru Sept. 2nd and Sept. 16, 2012 thru 23rd.
Current prices $769.00 a person and $649.00 respectively. These prices change from time to time as they try to fill them in.

First was on the Celebrity's Summit and Royal Caribbean is the second. Both 7 nights and sail out of New Jersey.

If anyone is interested PM me.

Steve we already missed the first one! Just sayin' :p

I am looking at 2 cruises now.Aug. 26, 2010 thru Sept. 2nd and Sept. 16, 2012 thru 23rd.

Steve we already missed the first one! Just sayin' :p

never_too_late.jpg

Cruises make most of their money off of booze, excursions and upgrades. The main problem with having a cruise from this forum is that we wouldn't be able to bring on what we've made. Don't mean to be a buzzkill but the cruiselines are dicks when it comes to bringing booze on board. I just went on royal caribean and paid $35 a bottle for the red zin my liquor store sells for 7....

Hey - I'm new to this forum and started wine making a few weeks ago. I'm perusing through the forums as I learn more about this. I noticed this thread as I was searching for something else.

Anyways I was going to comment that as a side business I actually own a cruise agency (CruiseADeal). My point being I personally cruise at least once a year and wanted a way to save money for myself, co-workers, and friends (kind of the same reason why I started wine making hehe).

If anyone is interested in a cruise via any of the major cruise lines (Carnival, Royal Caribbean, Celebrity, Norwegian, Holland America, etc) I can book you a cruise at a discounted rate (less then orbitz or expedia).

If you're interested in a group of 8 cabins then 1 berth (1 person) is free or if you're interested in a cruise I can create a group for as little as 1 cabin. I'm simply here to save you guys, and myself money on cruises.

E-mail at [email protected] or call me up at 443-599-9846 if you have any cruise related questions.

I would be happy to setup a group for you guys. Also I do have some pull with the cruise lines so I can try (and I would personally love to do this) to allow them to bring our own wine on board and give a seminar about wine making (if enough people are interested in a particular cruise we could probably pull this off). I went on a cruise this April and a biker gang brought on 30 bikes on-board the ship and rode on the islands. The cruise lines are very accommodating to groups. Let me know.

The main problem with having a cruise from this forum is that we wouldn't be able to bring on what we've made.

We'll get Runningwolf in a wet suit and he can float us some skeeter pee around the other side of the ship and we can hoist them in.

Itsuko and I each took a bottle of my wine aboard our last cruise on Carnival Cruise Lines this past March. It did not make it to the dining room so no extra fee was involved. There was no problem with carrying it openly about the ship.

Liquor and Beverage Policy

Bringing Alcohol On Board - Embarkation Day:

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages on board. However, at the beginning of the cruise during embarkation day, guests (21 years of age and older) may bring on board one bottle (750ml) of wine or champagne, per person, only in their carry-on luggage. A $10 corkage fee per bottle will be charged should you wish to consume this wine in the main dining room; $14 corkage fee per bottle in the steakhouse. (A corkage fee is a charge exacted at a restaurant for every bottle of liquor served that was not bought on the premises)

On embarkation day, guests may bring a small quantity (package of 12 per person) of non-alcoholic beverages onboard, only in their carry-on luggage.

All alcohol/hard liquor/beer (sealed, unopened bottles/cans), wine/champagne over the allowable 1-bottle per guest (sealed, unopened bottles) or excessive quantities of non-alcoholic beverages (over 12 per person, sealed, unopened bottles/cans) will be confiscated and stored for safekeeping until the end of the voyage. The retained item(s) will be available for collection in onboard designated location on the morning of debarkation. Unsealed liquids that are prohibited will be discarded, as well as any unclaimed items left after the voyage, and no compensation will be given in either case.

Latest posts

Back