WineXpert wine kits on sale!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sweet just got the selection italian amarone kit. Anyone make this one before?

Thanks Varis!

I've got a list of 6-8 kits (3-4 WE SI and 3-4 WE Vinters Reserve) I'd like to do this year... would it make sense to order them all at once? I'm concerned, because of shelf life, about ordering a high end kit now but not getting to make it until the end of the year.

Thanks Varis!

I've got a list of 6-8 kits (3-4 WE SI and 3-4 WE Vinters Reserve) I'd like to do this year... would it make sense to order them all at once? I'm concerned, because of shelf life, about ordering a high end kit now but not getting to make it until the end of the year.

Makes a lot of sense! But store in a cool dry place, might want to store yeast in fridge

I'm engaged in an internal struggle. Selection amarone or eclipse Pinot noir.

Neither, there are much better choices out there. But if I had to do either of them again I'd make the Eclipse Pinot long before making the selection amarone again...

Brian:

Didn't you like the Pinot kit? Vs. what choice of WE that's 40% off?

Thanks

It's ok, but not on par with the rest of the Eclipse line. I think pinot is just plain difficult to do well, especially in kit form. I'd recommend any of the other Eclipse varietals.

It's ok, but not on par with the rest of the Eclipse line. I think pinot is just plain difficult to do well, especially in kit form. I'd recommend any of the other Eclipse varietals.

I'm committed to getting the Eclipse Cab. The question is what my second kit would be on this purchase. I'm leaning towards a red (I have a Chard polishing in a carboy). Right now, I have the Eclipse Merlot in the bottle and getting better with every taste; the LE Super Tuscan, too; and a Forza on oak in a carboy.

I like the idea of the Amarone, but with the Forza and the Super, that's already 5 cases of "big Italians" aging in the cellar. I don't really have anything in the inventory like a Pinot. By the same token, if the Eclipse Pinot is subpar, I can hold out for a better one elsewhere (I'd prefer an Oregon Pinot, anyway - if only it were available... Hint hint, Peter Mills).

I agree with Brian, pinot is just plain difficult to do well with grapes, much less as a kit. I have the Eclipse Pinot in bulk aging and have had a few samples, it's a pretty good wine, but not if compared to good pinots.

I know that may sound confusing, but if you poured me a glass of it and didn't tell me what it was, it's enjoyable. Put it in a glass next to a good pinot, it just doesn't measure up. Mine's young, maybe that'll change. If you're looking for this wine to exhibit the varietal characteristics of pinots, I can't tell you if it'll get there or not.

IMHO, you can't have too many big, giant reds, go for the best Amarone you can afford. I'm on an Amarone kick right now, been buying some commercial bottles and just loving them. I'm waiting anxiously for the Amorosso Mondiale Meglioli to be released next month.

IMHO, you can't have too many big, giant reds, go for the best Amarone you can afford. I'm on an Amarone kick right now, been buying some commercial bottles and just loving them. I'm waiting anxiously for the Amorosso Mondiale Meglioli to be released next month.

I've been buying commercial Ripassos lately and am really enjoying them. So, the Amarone is probably right in my wheelhouse.

The Selection is the only Amarone that the folks at LP carry. I like Matt and like giving him my business. Though I wish he carried other manufacturers, I'm do like the WE lines I've done so far. I figure if I do go with the Selection Amarone, I can head over to the thread with JoesWine and Steve from AIO and maybe do a little magic to make a 'good kit' a 'great kit.'

I'm not opposed to getting the Eclipse Zin, or another SLD Merlot (am loving the one that I have so far and can see needing to make another batch in 2016 anyway - I was going to wait till later in the year, though) or even the Nebbiolo/Barolo.

Again, I'm committed to getting the Eclipse Cab. I've got an RJS Australian Winery Series Cab that's drinking pretty well right now (I'm trying to make last for another year). So, the big question is what the #2 selection will be.

Hey Jim, how about a :

Eclipse Italian Nebbiolo Wine Kit

Italian Nebbiolo (formerly Barolo) is one of the newest additions from Winexpert. It is a medium-full bodied red wine with heavy American Oak profile. The Eclipse Italian Nebbiolo will average around 14% ABV after fermentation. And these new kits offer more bang for your wine-making buck as they include 2 more liters of juice than the previous Selection International versions. Eclipse Italian Nebbiolo 18L Wine Kit is a top-quality kit that competes with commercial wines and, when shown a little love, actually surpasses many wines and at a fraction of the cost. So wrap your arms around the Eclipse Italian Nebbiolo 18L Wine Kit and get started today.

Sweetness: Dry
Body: Full
Oak: Heavy
Alcohol: 14%

Sounds like this one is right up your alley!

Hey Jim, how about a :

Eclipse Italian Nebbiolo Wine Kit

Italian Nebbiolo (formerly Barolo) is one of the newest additions from Winexpert. It is a medium-full bodied red wine with heavy American Oak profile. The Eclipse Italian Nebbiolo will average around 14% ABV after fermentation. And these new kits offer more bang for your wine-making buck as they include 2 more liters of juice than the previous Selection International versions. Eclipse Italian Nebbiolo 18L Wine Kit is a top-quality kit that competes with commercial wines and, when shown a little love, actually surpasses many wines and at a fraction of the cost. So wrap your arms around the Eclipse Italian Nebbiolo 18L Wine Kit and get started today.

Sweetness: Dry
Body: Full
Oak: Heavy
Alcohol: 14%

Sounds like this one is right up your alley!

It's in the running. The video review says it gets good in about a year, too. To do an Amarone, I'd have to put a sign over the batch saying "donnah you touch, or I breaka you fingers" for 18 months to 2 years.

It's in the running. The video review says it gets good in about a year, too. To do an Amarone, I'd have to put a sign over the batch saying "donnah you touch, or I breaka you fingers" for 18 months to 2 years.

You need a wine sanctuary.

If you make other wines easily accessible on the way to the sanctuary that helps too.

Back