Finer Wine Kit Tavola and Forte clearance sale - 5/16/2023

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just ordered a Southern Rhone Style Kit, sounds interesting and couldn't pass up the clearance price, ended up being $100 and will be sitting on my front porch on Tuesday of next week or sooner. It's a blend of Grenache, Syrah, and oddly Moscato, I left that last part out when I talked with my wife about it. That would have turned her right off, for me, it made me go WHATTTAAATTTAATT?? That could add some very nice fruitiness to the mix and tame some of the Syrah spiciness.

I seriously have a problem. My first thought was to ask who is willing to forward these to me. The sale would help pay for the shipping. I have 3 juice buckets on order. When they arrive in June it will fill up my last 3 carboys which will make for 10 6 gallon carboys, and 2 3 gallon carboys in bulk.

I think that is plenty, but still I go straight to how do I get my hands on these. 🙄

I seriously have a problem. My first thought was to ask who is willing to forward these to me. The sale would help pay for the shipping. I have 3 juice buckets on order. When they arrive in June it will fill up my last 3 carboys which will make for 10 6 gallon carboys, and 2 3 gallon carboys in bulk.

I think that is plenty, but still I go straight to how do I get my hands on these. 🙄
You need a shack in Montana to ship to.

So, the Forte Baby Super Tuscan are sold out. I just ordered a Tavola series and added double skin packs with seed pack. Adding these makes it a Forte series, correct?

So, the Forte Baby Super Tuscan are sold out. I just ordered a Tavola series and added double skin packs with seed pack. Adding these makes it a Forte series, correct?

I'm not sure it makes it exactly a Forte Series, I believe the Forte comes with a bit more juice than the Tavola and the ABV at the start is a bit higher. But, it's close enough for all practical purposes.

Imagine if you are looking to get into the frozen juice or unpasteurized concentrate kits and learn more about skins / seeds. The end of season sales at 50% off are a blessing! Last year in December I bought the Grenache Rose and Tavola Pinot Noir at 50% off or more, and I didn't even know if I liked Grenache Rose but at this price point why not take a chance. This sale, and you bunch of enablers 😯, today made me purchase two kits.

Dave (Vinny), I'm sorry buddy you can't participate however I thought about you the other day when I added flavorings to a Riesling Ice Wine and made it into a one gallon strawberry, raspberry and wild berry dessert wine with the help of Bryan. Billdean, you should have more carboys for situations like these according to everyone on this website! I've gone from 2-3 carboys in 2022 to 12 in 2023. Wife is looking at me like I have a wine making problem!

Wife is looking at me like I have a wine making problem!
If it makes you feel better, I drink a bottle or two of wine a month. I do more cooking with it than drinking, but I can't stop making it. 36 wines since last January.

I was just given some homemade beer. Something I also drink on occasion. I like unusual beers and they are hard to find locally. I have been thinking about doing a kit, a peanut butter porter or similar, but was leery of having 6 gallons of something I hardly liked. The homemade Irish stout was so good I went and bought guiness because I woulda said I don't like it. His was better, and all three that he made were all some of the best beers I have ever tasted. All made from scratch...

And now I have beer making equipment in the mail!

Here we go again!

Fortunately he was kind enough to share his recipes, so I know I am going to have a strong start.

Just ordered the Zin Forte! Had to wait nearly 2 months until I had an open carboy to start the black currant, now the zin may have to spend some time in the freezer. I need more carboys. I have purposely not bought more in order to force myself to limit my fermentations, but the kits are still coming and starting to form a queue.
I may have a problem.

Just ordered the Zin Forte! Had to wait nearly 2 months until I had an open carboy to start the black currant, now the zin may have to spend some time in the freezer. I need more carboys. I have purposely not bought more in order to force myself to limit my fermentations, but the kits are still coming and starting to form a queue.
I may have a problem.
This was the forte that I ordered this morning as well. Though I will admit to having bought another carboy along with it, as I too am getting low (read out) of carboy space.

I have found 4 new carboys in the last six months, thank goodness, as my bulk aging red wines (and 1 ongoing solera of sour beer) are out of control. Thought I was going to wait to pick grapes in the fall, but ordered two LE kits on sale a couple months ago, and now a FWK Southern Rhone today. When I make beers now a days I just ferment them in buckets, where I used to use my big 6.5 g carboys, but those are all full of wine these days.

I waited too long the pull the trigger on the Forte Pinot Noir and they're out of stock. It is very good - rave reviews at every event I bring it to.

Instead, I ordered another Petite Sirah and Northern Rhone blend, with delivery likely this weekend (haven't gotten shipping info yet). The PS is a favorite of mine. And, I made the mistake of only making one Northern Rhone blend when they first came out. Had a taste a few weeks ago and it is delicious. So, two premium kits to my door for less than $200... can't beat that.

Latest posts

Back