Wine fridge

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheez Wade, you have been holding out on us!!!!!
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif

I can almost hear an angelic chorus as the door opens. "Ahhh.. ah ah AH ah ah aaaaaaaahhh...!"

As cool as it is, can you imagine the hassle of loading the shelves? You're standing on a narrow spiral staircase trying to carry a case of wine to put on the shelves - where do you put the case when you pick up the bottles? Or you carry two-three bottles at a time up and down the staircase?

After some thought, I don't think that it is as practical or efficient as it appears. Certainly visually impressive, but not something I would want to use regularly and live with all the time.

Bart

You're right - forget it! But now what do I do with this hole I started in the kitchen floor...
smiley36.gif

Bart if one can afford that wine fridge then they will "have people" to stock the shelves
smiley16.gif

Scott,
You are exactly right!! They probably also 'have people' who select, open, decant and pour the wine for them.

I think that takes too much of the fun out experience. That is why i do it myself (also can't afford 'people').

Yeah, I can see it now. Cutting my way through 12" of triple rebar reinforced concrete & then mining a 10 foot hole through solid limestone. Think it would be easier to insulate the guest bedroom & tell everyone to go stay at a hotel!

ratflinger said:
Yeah, I can see it now.  Cutting my way through 12" of triple rebar reinforced concrete & then mining a 10 foot hole through solid limestone.  Think it would be easier to insulate the guest bedroom & tell everyone to go stay at a hotel!

even if you had to pay for their hotel too

Back