WINDS OF CHANGE

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Waldo
I copied the picture properties and then tried to access them at photobucket. I got an error message saying that the url was not found.
smiley19.gif
Edited by: scotty

Waldo said:
oh my NW.........the dreaded red x </font>is all I see. No snow, no Alaskan girls</font> 

Sorry Waldo....seems there are a lot of RED X's</font> going around these days...
No pretty girls in the photos...just a couple dead geese and 2 guys that had been rolling in the dirt...

Try viewing at Photobucket...[tho this didn't work for Scotty with the Geese Videos]

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p198/jlhamann/deadgoosesSmall.jpg

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p198/jlhamann/Picture023Small.jpg

The Videos worked for Joan, but not Scotty...
Some other Posts that Bill made were not working for some people and worked for others
Can't figure this computer stuff out...I just go with the flow and view what I can...and imagine the rest...
smiley17.gif

scotty said:
Waldo
   I copied the picture properties and then tried to access them at photobucket. I got an error message saying that the url was not  found.
smiley19.gif

Scotty...sorry the URL's aren't working...seems they work for some and not others....
In some other Posts people were having problems too....I saw a Post by some new Members and their photo didn't come through...at least for me...just the X thingy....
Joan got to see the Video's, so it must be everyone has different setting on their computers that allow stuff to work right...
I have given up trying different settings...Just enjoy what I can on this magic box...

Northern Winos said:
Waldo said:
oh my NW.........the dreaded red x is all I see. No snow, no Alaskan girls

Sorry Waldo....seems there are a lot of RED X's going around these days...
No pretty girls in the photos...just a couple dead geese and 2 guys that had been rolling in the dirt...

Try viewing at Photobucket...[tho this didn't work for Scotty with the Geese Videos]

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p198/jlhamann/deadgoosesSmall.jpg

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p198/jlhamann/Picture023Small.jpg

The Videos worked for Joan, but not Scotty...
Some other Posts that Bill made were not working for some people and worked for others
Can't figure this computer stuff out...I just go with the flow and view what I can...and imagine the rest...
smiley17.gif

The links for the videos and the pictures worked for me NW but I am sure it is something in this web site becaise both of the pictures I saw the red x on earlier are nopw showing fineEdited by: Waldo

scotty said:
Waldo
I copied the picture properties and then tried to access them at photobucket. I got an error message saying that the url was not found.
smiley19.gif

Paste the links direct into the address section of your browser scotty

[/QUOTE]

The links for the videos and the pictures worked for me NW but I am sure it is something in this web site becaise both of the pictures I saw the red x on earlier are nopw showing fine[/QUOTE]

Strange isn't it????
When you Posted all the pretty autumn photos I got RED X's</font> on the last few photos...then later when I looked they were all there....
So...go figure...
smiley17.gif

I have made an awesome DVD slide show from all of the fall foliage pictures I took so if anyone would like a copy just pm me your address and I will make and send you a copy.

Waldo said:
scotty said:
Waldo
smiley19.gif

Paste the links direct into the address section of your browser scotty

Thats what I did. When I copied and pasted the url from from winos post i got the 2 pics. ??????
well any way nice photos as usual Waldo.

Where are the bottles of wine ?????

Oh well- I havent made a mistake in so many years that ill just write this one off. I'm sure i goofed somewhere
smiley36.gif
Edited by: scotty

OldWino said:
what kind of wine goes with goose?

Don't eat goose...just watch them...they take up too much room in the freezers....and never thought they tasted that good...it's all dark meat a là B.B.'s...guess it's the lead I don't like...
smiley2.gif

Rainbow.jpg

This was nice to see when I got home from work on Thursday! First there was a full rainbow and then the second rainbow appeared. It was a beautiful site after a day of torrential rain!
smiley1.gif

You all are showing such beautiful fall pictures. We don't get much of a fall here. I went to the Arboretum last Sunday to find some autumn and mainly got swarmed by mosquitos. Here are a couple of pictures I took.

20061118_105557_100_2550_Small.jpg

20061118_105759_100_2553_Small.jpg

20061118_105852_100_2565_Small.jpg

20061118_105955_100_2586_Small.jpg

20061118_110326_100_2551_Small.jpg

Beautiful 'shrooms' Ramona....Did you eat them???? Nice to see butterflies and green leaves...send more pix like that, like in January when we need a break.

Mosquitos????????....that means it's still warm there....count your blessings...

We have been having warmer than normal temps....usually we have snow by now, but not this year....going to be near 50* on Monday [that's warm for us]

[Polish Wine Princess is probably still wearing sandals]

It is still very dry here...staying with our drought pattern I guess...kind of get worried when the seasons don't preform as expected.

I am nervous about plants not going dormant as usual...the roses still have green leaves and wonder about the grapes....If they don't toughen up and winter sets in brutally there will be some winter kill....and IF...we get a very cold spell before snow the frost goes so deep into the soil...

I spent 2 weeks at Thanksgiving in Gainesville Florida one year, it was very cold...like in the 30's...very cold when there was just louvers on the bathroom wall...We went to Key West for Thanksgiving and watched the sunset...it was awesome....Edited by: Northern Winos

Joan said:
Rainbow.jpg
This was nice to see when I got home from work on Thursday! First there was a full rainbow and then the second rainbow appeared. It was a beautiful site after a day of torrential rain!
smiley1.gif

Nice picture Joan...rain is a good thing...send some our way...we sure need some moisture.....
Guess you got some of that horrible storm...hopefully without the tornados....

Yes, NW the mosquitos are really bad this year. It has been in the 70's now and 40's at night. As for the mushrooms....I have no idea if they are poison or not. The first one was the purest white I have ever seen. I found some orange ones too but the pictures were kind of blurry. The sun was so bright and lots of shadows it was hard to tell in the viewfinder if I had a good focus or not. I'll go back out on a cloudy day soon. My plants are all still out and growing. My latest bloom in on my Rhipsalis platycarpa...don't know if there is a common name for it. Very delicate..almost glass-like.

20061118_121504_100_2620_Small.jpg
I'm sure we will have a spell of pretty cold weather but barely gets below freezing.
Ramona

wadewade said:
Did you get the gold, well did ya?

WHAT???? There was gold??? Now you tell me!!!! Sheesh!

=)

Beee-u-tiful photos, Ramona!!! I love the cactus blossoms!

Another stellar November Sunrise....

Nov.jpg

Strong Southerly winds are ushering in warmer than average temperatures up here on the High Plains.....No complaints about that.

We are not use to such wonderful weather at this time of the year....truely a Thanksgiving gift from above.

But, this will not last and we will be blasted into reality at some point with some brutally realistic temperatures...shocking our systems and opening our eyes to realize...we are not in control of any of this.

I fear for some perennial plants, roses, fruit trees and our beloved grape vines....non of which have acclimatized and hardened off as usual...so will also suffer some shock when the winds once again change....

Enjoy the day!!!

Holy Moley!!!Is it ever windy up here....still from the South..a good thing....they said wind gusts of 35-45MPH.....
My hubby went through town...it was garbage day...he said the garbage cans were rolling across the Hiway ....and...the TumbleWeeds were a tumbling...he said the fences were stacked with them...he said he hit one [about a 3 footer] but didn't 'kill' it ...it just kept a rollin'.....
Yesterday when we went to town the shopping carts were blowing across the parking lots...best keep your small kids and pets in tow...

Back