WHITE CHRISTMAS

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NorthernWinos

Reaction score
Is anyone going to have the traditional white Christmas this year???

We usually do...we did get about 6 inches of snow earlier, then we have been having above average temeratures...the remaining snow has turned into 'sn-irt', [snow mixed with dirt]...we have had strong winds that caused some blowing dirt....Then the rains came and has turned that into ice...

Cold this morning, lakes are freezing...that is a good thing for ice fishing..

Light snow predicted for late in the week...so might get a white Christmas up on the Northern Plains...

It was supposed to snow last night for me but didn't. It sure is cold enough for it. I'm hopeing for some of the white stuff.

Pete

We are supposed to get some white stuff on Friday. It would be nice.

Northern Winos said:
Is anyone going to have the traditional white Christmas this year???

We usually do...we did get about 6 inches of snow earlier, then we have been having above average temeratures...the remaining snow has turned into 'sn-irt', [snow mixed with dirt]...we have had strong winds that caused some blowing dirt....Then the rains came and has turned that into ice...

Cold this morning, lakes are freezing...that is a good thing for ice fishing..

Light snow predicted for late in the week...so might get a white Christmas up on the Northern Plains...

No snow here. Looks like a green Christmas-not even brown. The grass is actually still green on the lawn. The ground hasn't stayed frozen yet. It's even warmer than last winter so far. Going to be in the 30's and 40's this week after beeing in the 50's the last few days. I never even had a tracking snow during hunting season.

Looks like a helicopter year for Santa this year.
smiley36.gif

20061218_084557_santa_wave2.jpg

Great picture appleman.... If the fat guy lands on my roof, I'm sure we will hear him this year...

No snow here in southern NH. The kids want it to snow so badly after watching all the Christmas specials. They want to make a snowman like Frosty and see it come to life.
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
After looking at the forecast, it looks like rain all day on Christmas Eve. Maybe it will turn colder and it will be snow (careful what I wish fore).

I've had all the windows open in the house for the past several days - at night as well, except for the bedroom. I was out with shorts and a t-shirt this afternoon raking leaves. It's not the same as when I was growing up with Christmas in Connecticut... it's not the same feeling. But I'm not complaining cause it's beautiful outside.

None here in eastern Maine. None forecasted. Temps in the 30-40 range.

No skiiing or snowboarding, but no shoveling either.

Oops! Spoke too soon! Now the weatherman is calling for possible snow Christmas Day. That would be nice but I'm not betting the ranch on it!

Hey Sang, we actually have dandellions growing in our yard of green grass.

Count your blessings for the fine weather and flowers [of any kind] at this time of the year....Tho it makes you wonder what's really going on with the weather doesn't it????

Well I doubt it lasts until Chrismas, but what a surprise this morning. We got a half inch of snow overnight they didn't predict. Problem is the highs until Christmas are supposed to be in the 40's after today(high 34). Makes me want to go out and start Christmas shopping.
smiley36.gif

We are having rain showers today, and expect snow in the morning, but not accumulating on the ground, should melt as it hits the ground.

I like snow but I also like my nice low oil consumption lately also. 6 to 1, 1/2 a dozen for the other!

Clear, sunny and bright...no snow in sight...on the cool side....clouds going to stay south...

On the bright side...the days will start getting longer now...
smiley17.gif

We may not get a white Christmas up here on the frozen plains, but we sure are blessed with some beautiful sunsets....and...tomorrow the days will startgetting longer....Merry Christmas!!!

Picture010Small.jpg

Latest posts

Back