WHITE CHRISTMAS

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kutya said:
Northern:  What a beautiful picture.  

Thanks kutya...one good thing about living on the prairies is that you get to see the sun rise and set..that makes the days very special.

I have spent some time in the mountains and it was awesomely beautiful. Unless you were on top of the mountain you missed seeing the sunrises or sets...seemed the shadows came early and being a sun lover I missed that time of sunshine.

I also spend time on the coasts...it too was awsome..wheather on the Atlantic, Caribbean or on the Pacific coast it was beautiful...but being right on the water for several weeks got me a bit frustrated, I could look at the water but couldn't walk that way, only down the shores or backward...The sound of the waves were relaxing at first, but then I became agitated and it was time to go someplace else...

In the cities I was in awe for awhile, then felt trapped and lost...so I left after a few years of big city life....I did and didn't fit in.

I am content on the open fields and meadows, I can go anyway I want, can see far and get my bearings at any time of day....The winds can be relentless at times and bring changes with each passing....You have to adapt to what nature gives to you.

Guess I am just a country gal who loves nature and all it's beauty....Beit winter or summer I am content to watch a sunrise or sunset....and count another day...and now dream of a White Christmas.

Beautiful, NW as always,

Well here....we just came off a heat wave. It was close to 80 last week and very humid. I think it's going to be in the mid 50's Christmas eve and Christmas day. At least we won't have to have the AC on....that is a real Christmas let down when you have to have the AC.

All of you northeners, enjoy your snow. I envy you at this time of year.

Ramona

Well, no white Christmas but were getting hit pretty good with sleet
and freezing rain. My hands are as clean as they'll ever be from
washing all the big stuff and the dish washer is on its 3rd run today.
But all the malai is over and its back to work tommorrow. Uggg!

We ended up with a surprise for Christmas again this year- two inches of the white stuff in the evening and overnight on Christmas-certainly not the most we ever got on Christmas, but at least I didn't have to plow before we could go anywhere.

20061226_082313_100_2743_Small.JPG

20061226_082404_100_2746_Small.JPG

20061226_082443_100_2748_Small.JPG

I certainly don't wish for snow but some on Christmas would be nice.

Happy Birthday!!

Appleman....Your lucky to get a little bit of snow...
Christmas Eve we had a few flakes in the air....
Getting sick of looking at the brown grass, when we did get snow we had some drifting, so even tho we get above freezing almost everyday we do have some snow where the drifts are, the flower beds are drifted up as well as where the grapes are, so some things are protected with thin layer of snow mulch.

Your vineyard looks awesome...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!</font>

web_minnesota.jpg

I agree ! (And a great drawing, NW!)

What a great winter picture for a label, of that vinyard in the snow(either NW's drawing or Appleman's picture!) And, HAPPY BIRTHDAY APPLEMAN!

I forgot to mention, we had a little rain and snow, but Florida had bad weather with tornadoes. Cindy's Mom and Dad live in Leesburg in FL and when we talked to them yesterday, they said the priest announced during service that there were tornado warnings in the area. They were spared at chruch and Mom and Dad were spared, but her sister-in-laws sister's house was badly damaged by one of the tornadoes nearby. One of them came within a few miles of Mom and Dad's place. It was a bad situation, but could have been much worse.

I love that little picture too...when I first found it I thought it would make a good Ice Wine label for you guys who like sweet wine....Be sure to Post your labels....
This one is kind of cute too...but not as sweet and gentle as the little guy out in his snowy vineyard...

WINTERVINYARD.jpg

Back