Which one?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jsmahoney

Reaction score
I've been checking the red wine specials this month and plan on purchasing a couple of kits. But, every time I look at it I can't make up my mind. Cabernet Sauvignon, Nero d' Avola, Amarone with Red Raisins, Zinfandel or Lambeusco.
smiley5.gif
Wish I could purchase them all, but.................$$$$$. Decisions, decisions!:?

Well, don't know what to advise since I don't know your tastes. Each of those wines listed are different in their own way. If I were picking one from that list I would choose the Nero d' Avola. I do have a good stock of all of the others listed though so the decision would be easy for me. But, if I had no red wines in stock I would lean toward the Cabernet Sauvignon but I might lean toward the Nero d' Avola. You really won't go wrong with any of them.

Smurfe
smiley1.gif

You already have an Amarone either bulk aging or finishing right? So that is one you can push off for A Little while!

Yes, Wade I do have the Amarone bottled and aging. I'm going to have to place a few in a box and put them out of sight. I've really grown fond of sipping that one, and am having a hard time leaving it alone. I think the Nero d' Avola I will try though.
Smurfe, I'm a heavy red wine'o! As purchasing a bottle from the local wine store, I'd choose a cab or a Shiraz.

As far as the Lambrusco goes JWMINNESOTA, I purchased a Lambrusco the other day from the local liquor store. I thought it a little weak on the flavor, but then it was a cheaper wine too. That being said, the Lambrusco on special this month, being from the Mosit group, (in which I like), I would think it would be a nice wine, and am still considering it yet myself.

My choice, knowing I had an Amarone aging, would be the Cab Sav and the Nero. I like trying different wines.

Back