where is springtime

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had the last three days off and it rained everyday. I am trying to get dormant spray on my fruit trees and it has to be above freezing for 24 hours to do so. Well we finally achieved that a few weeks ago but it has either been raining or too windy every day I've tried.

May snow?? I hope not. It's finally nice out today. My fruit trees are starting to bud

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

Yes and it didn't go away like last Monday - it is still there right now.

Damn I'm feeling a little guilty. I will start to have ripe tomatoes in 2 weeks.

I had the last three days off and it rained everyday. I am trying to get dormant spray on my fruit trees and it has to be above freezing for 24 hours to do so. Well we finally achieved that a few weeks ago but it has either been raining or too windy every day I've tried.

I hear ya about the rain, I have been trying to get to my front flower bed but the only days it is nice are the days I'm working! Right now I am sooo hoping no more frost. My cherry threes are blooming and the apples are starting to bloom. The last two years, we have had a late frost that knocked out my cherries and half of my apples and my grapes.

We were quite cool all last week with ridiculous winds, some snow up in the mountains. We had forecast for freezing on Wed and Thu and I brought all my tomato plants, house plants in and put some BIG beach towels on the grape vines that started to bud but no freeze. Friday I didn't cover anything up but at 2:30AM the freeze alarm in the bedroom window went off (set for 34 degrees) Had to get up and bring every thing in I could and cover the vines with the towels. It got down to 28 and the towels seemed to work. Saturday and Sunday were Chamber of Commerce type weather. We actually had our first Patio dinner of the Spring on Saturday. No wind, warm temps. perfect evening. Yesterday it got up to 80 degrees! Wind came back but it was so warm by the afternoon I had to turn on the AC unit in the Winery. It was up to 68 already. AC unit pulled it down to 63 degrees in short order. I stuck a digital thermometer in the unit to see how cold the air was coming out of it. 34 degrees! :sm

We don't have enough pine trees out here in the prairie for pine pollen, but "they" are calling for snow on Thursday. :ft

ImageUploadedByWine Making1399404617.091169.jpg

Spring? It's already summer!

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

It must be springtime in Missouri, my golden retriever found his first bunny nest in the yard. He just picks them and then brings them to me, very proud of himself. They love my bushes and hostas, so I am not terribly upset with him, I suppose it is the circle of life and all that.

No! :( :( :( :(

That is definitely NOT the circle of life!

Maybe the circle of death…….. :ts

Obviously the rabbits decided to raise there young in the wrong yard. My dog caught a rabbit last year and we ate it for dinner :)

:po It snowed again last night and it is showing 32 INSIDE my green house. I've never put heat in there, it is usually fine by this time of year. I am not looking forward to walking out there later to find out what is still alive! WHERE IS SPRING

Latest posts

Back