Garden 2015

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We had our first frost this morning. I spent yesterday picking the last of the tomatoes, okra and jalapenos. I also picked enough flowers for several bouquets.
That's the end of the growing season for me. Then I went fishing with my hubby and grandson in our neighbors small lake and caught a 5 lb. bass. A very nice day!

Mary Lou

Nice catch, quiltertoo! I keep thinking about trying some fruit trees...my zone 3 makes it a tough call for what will make it! We are having a very mild fall, only a couple of light freezes, so my greenhouse tomatoes, spaghetti squash, peppers, brussel sprouts, and a few other tasties are still hanging on. Now if my DH will just come home with that promised elk we will be all set!

Anyone know how long spaghetti squash will last if kept in a cool dark place? We are supposed to hit 27 tonight, so I pulled what was left...that is 8 of them. I have cooked them and dried them and that works well, but fresh is always better!

Not sure how long it depends on if any moisture gets to it wrap very tightly in couple layers of newspaper and place in a dry cool dark place

Anyone know how long spaghetti squash will last if kept in a cool dark place? We are supposed to hit 27 tonight, so I pulled what was left...that is 8 of them. I have cooked them and dried them and that works well, but fresh is always better!

You'll get a good 3-4 months out of them see my first reply to see how

They look good enough to eat.

I already miss my deck garden. I moved some of the herbs inside and will continue to enjoy them for the next couple of months.

Next year, I plan to revive my father's garden. My Dad's house is now owned by my brother and I though that this might me a nice thing that we brothers could do together. I have just been waiting for the right time to pitch it to him...

Back