when good wines gone bad

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Expresso cello

HAS ANYONE TRIED TO MAKE THIS GEM YET???????????????????:tz

Corks

Welcome to the wonderfull woLD of corks.

Next on the menue..stay tuned:hb

The wonderfull world of corks

Cork, what do we know about?

Where do they come from?

How many different types are there ?

How do they affect the ecosystem?

Are they sustainable?

Corks

CORKS, I mean really, do we knew, where they came from? and what regions,. We take them out of the bag, place them in our corker and press them into the bottles .

But if you think about for a a minute, they are worlds unto themselves -with a little research their quite interesting actually .

Let's begin environmentally friendly harvested , corks is a 100% natural , renewable, recyclable, biodegradable material that is obtained from environmentally friendly harvesting process .

There are approximately 6.6 million acres of of renewable Forrest that extended across Portugal , Spain, Algeria , , Morocco, Italy, Tunisia and France . . These Oak Forest support one of the world's highest levels of forest biodiversity , second only to the Amazonian rainforest .

Trees are not cut down to harvest cork, rather , the Bark is harvested by hand every nine years. cork oak trees can live to 300 years!
Imagine that every nine years the bark is removed mother nature is smart enough to know , To put it back, and we are smart enough to know how to maintain this industry that is supportive of sustainable livelihoods as the cork forests provide a vital source of income for thousands of families .
M

Interesting subject.............
. will continue:db

Last edited:
Corks

AGGLOMERATED, WINE CORKS ARE SHORT SUGGESTED FOR WINES UP TO ONE HALF YEARS OLD YOUR COMPOSITE CORK ,NUMBER NINE AND THEY'RE AVAILABLE IN TWO LENGTHS ON INCH AND A HALF AND THE OTHER IS INCHING THREE QUARTERS .THE INCH AND A HALF QUIRK IS FOR WINES UP TO ONE HALF YEARS OLD .. THE AND THE INCH, AND THREE- THREE-QUARTER is suggested for wines aging up to two years .
Sometimes a problem arises with CORKS especially style CORKS were mold and bacteria can lodged itself crevices , . This is a common complaint a musty wine , ; Cork taint.

The number nines, an ancient three-quarter are what is all the time . I buy them in a bag with thousand use usually for around hundred dollars , list quite a while and I do nothing special to the just take another bag 30 count the time and bottle wherever warranted bottle . . I IT talked a couple winery some my, who usually are reluctant to say but they do or they don't to but as a gathered none of them do much with the CORKS except enter into a hopper and Cork away .
A
The next so Cork is calling natural wine cork,natural wine corks drive the highest quality cork oak .peruderm or b or. these CORKS are suitable for long-term wine storage . they come in three different grades clean first , . Super extra and flor.these courts are thoroughly washed before sales and treated to defend against cork taint . and his have a breakdown
A O

First Quality natural wine corks suggested for wines up to seven years old , hiatus greed natural course number nine and one and three-quarter inches it's all standard bottles. B
Super quality natural wine corks , . suggested for wines up to nine years old once again higher grade natural cork a number nine and ancient three quarters long that's all standard one .:d

Extra quality natural wine corks , suggested for wines up to 12 years ,Ventura very high-grade natural cork diameter number nine length inch with records fits Austin on bottles .
N
flor Quality Natural wine corks, suggested for wines for aging 12+ years old the highest grade natural course dampener number nine length engines recorders fits Austin bottles .
so there you have that's the beginning the cork .:try

Stay tuned More to come........ :gn N

So, agglomerated number nines at 1 3/4" and you're good to go for wines which may exist for up to two years?

Yessssssssssssssssss

YES that is correct.....:u

CORKS ...THE NEXT LEVEL....CONTINUED

Last edited:
Corks

Hi, I'm back to again let's talk a little more a bout CORKS .

What we seen with the economical version to do , whether it's inch and a half or inch and three-quarter in their AND appropriate holding times . Next on the list is natural wine CORKS , these remain the preferred quark of the finest winemakers since the 16th-century when comparison THEY first use them as a wine closure . There selected from the finest high-grade natural CORK and ideal for wines OF all ages, their shelf life is extensive .
Next culminated wine corks our medium grade natural corks with though lintels with the little cracks in them are filled with a compound made from CORK powder . . The colmated wine cork , . This process is intended to simulate and more dense properties of a high-grade natural cor, these type of wine corks are very popular in Europe .

And you thought a cork was just a cork ! :mnyC

To be continued.......

P

Last edited:
Corks

:se1+1 economical wine cork suitable for younger wines opened up within four years of bottle 1+1 wine corks are often referred to as a duo wine corks because they are an engineered court manufactured using two core components- and agglomerated based with slices of natural cork on the ends. Result is a firm core with good sealing properties.

:i Synthetic wine corks, aren't alternative plastic wine cork manufactured to resemble the properties and the seal of the natural cork stoppers . Suitable for wines to be open within five years the bottling.

And last but not least, use wine corks are not usable for bottling wine but are good for crafts.:wy So there's a little journey through wine cork country... Thank you

I have a problem

Have you ever noticed sometimes when you open a bottle of wine is just wasn't what you expected ,let's go over some wine faults such as cloudiness, titanic crystals, sulfur smell, rotten egg smell acetic spoilage and other problems as home winemakers we run into all the time.
E

Whether a stock fermentation or cork taint we direct most of our problems , we could also go over the wine tasting terms they go hand-in-hand for problems .

Stay tuned.. for this is( when the wines gone bad):db
:d

A trip to Georgia

Last month why meeting was at Gino's pintos in Hammonton New Jersey ,Michael I just came back that Saturday evening from a place called George is straddled between the Russian and Turkish border is a country unto itself struggling to stay out of the shackles of the Russian government but that's not what were here we here with Michael to talk about his trip and the Georgian wine industry .

The government contact Michael and ask him if you can visit their country and asked for his advice . Gino pintos have been around for a long time have vines extended into California the extensions into Italy and a large expanse of contacts in Chile for exporting wine.
I started this thread on one of my other ones but I want to carry it over here so that's why I started again . about his trip as he told IT.
Georgia itself is very metropolitan sort of second world the best DESCRIPTIVE, Michael story starts starts in the hillsides , to hear him say it he was laying in his bed in A farmhouse, no air conditioning, no fan and it was sweltering, he asked himself " what am I doing here " but soon he knew why he was there this was a chance of a lifetime for him to see a part of the world and history unto itself .
E

So let's talk about George is one of the oldest wine producing regions of the WORLD. the fertile valleys of the South caucuses , WHICH Georgia straddles , believed by many archaeologists to be the source of the world first cultivated grapevines and Neolithic wine production , over 8000 years ago . due to the many millennium of wine MAKING the conditions of its VIRATELS are entwined and inseparable with the country's national identity .
Among the best regions of Georgia where wine is reduced are kakheti which is further divided into micro regions,no sense going into all THAT BREAK DOWN.

Michael was astounded hoW this was a Third World country and how politically it was entangled, YET STILL modern age ,BUT THE OUTLANDS still no running water , no flush toilets, not exactly what he was expecting but he was expecting some good wine . (FOR THR MOST PART)
The roots of Georgian their birth culture have been traced back by archaeologists to at least 6000 BC when peoples of the South caucuses discovered that grape juice turned into wine was left buried in a shallow. pit . this knowledge was nursed by experience , and from 4000 BC GeorgIANS were cultivating grapes,varying clay vessels in which to store the wine ready for serving at perfect GROUND temperature . when filled with fermented juice the harvest vessels are topped with a wooden LID and then covered with Earth. some may Remain in tOOMED for up to 50 YEARS.

Michael said he was astonished when using thESE clay pots of all sizes 50 gallon six gallon hundred gallon the great diversity of sizes all with a single intent to produce wine . wine vessels of every shape , size and design have been the crucial part of the pottery in Georgia for millen for.aS ancient artifacts attest to the high skill of local. craftsmen.MANUFACTURING vessels , the most ambiguous An unique ARE George winemaking culture are probably the kvevris, very large earthenware vessels with an inside CAOTING of beeswax . not only WAS used to fermented grape juice and to store wine , but also a wide variety of vessels for drinking.
Will continue this tomorrow or next day, I wish I can put pics on here for you TO see the stuff he gave me to read in to introduce you people to Georgian wines ....
. . To be continue............:pic

Last edited:
A trip to Georgia

:u The continuous importance of wine making and drinking in Georgian culture is also visible in the various antique works of art .. Many of the unearthed silver, gold and bronze artifacts of the third and second millennial BC bear chased imprints of the vine ,grape clusters and leaves

The state Museum of Georgia has on display a cup of high karat gold set with gems , and ornate silver pitcher and some other artifacts dated to the second millennial BC these people like their wine

During the Soviet times wines produced in Georgia were popular. in comparison with other wines from the surrounding area that were available on the Soviet market Georgian wines have been more preferable for the Soviets . in 1950 vineyards in Georgia occupied 143,000 acres , , but in 1985 already 316,000 acres due to increasing demand . in 1985 wine production was,000 times . during Gorbachev anti alcohol campaign , many old Georgian menus were cut off.

Through a lot of political unrest the viticulture in Georgia today still alive ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, will continue............ stay aboard:mnyI.

A trip to Georgia

Georgia ranks second in terms of volume and production. In the former Soviet Union behind Moldova and Georgian wines have always been the most highly prized and sought after in the Soviet space. Presently, the wine is produced by thousands of small farmers using primarily traditional techniques of wine making. Remember I told you about the earth in crocks that they bury )as well as modern wineries, such as teliani Valley,telavis marani,tbilvino,( really hard to pronounce these names) according to the ministry of virtacultior of Georgia grapes harvested in 2009 was 130 thousand tons and wine production has increased from 13.8 thousand wine bottles 2009/ 215.8 thousand wine bottles in 2010,no matter how you cut it., it's a lot wine, Michael said that the wines. Overall were very good and compared in some cases to the wines of California and of Italy. The growing conditions in Georgia is blessed, he said extremes of weather are you unusual Somerset the short sleeve sunny summers, winters mild and frost free. Natural springs abound, and the Caucasian mountains , streams draining rich water into the valleys. George's moderate climate and moist air, influenced by the Black Sea, provided the best conditions for growing,and cultivating. The soil and vineyards is so intensely cultivated that the grapevines grow up the trunks of fruit trees . Can you imagine that eventually hanging down along with the fruit of the tree when they are right. This method of cultivation is called maglari. Michael went on to say that the vineyards themselves are immaculate. They pride themselves in their work and in the vineyards. ........... Will continue . Stay tuned

Last edited:
News flash

Trophy.gif
VINELAND WINE CONTEST ,TOOK FIRST PLACE SEMIDRY WINE ,PIESPORTER.:try

:try
:u THIRD PLACE, ZINFANDEL POMEGRANATE

THE OLD MAN STILL GOT:gn

wine of georgia

:u traditional Georgian grape varieties of little known in the West. Now that the wines of eastern and central Europe are coming to international awareness , grades from this region are becoming better known. Athough there are are nearly 400 to choose from , only 38 varieties are freshly grown for commercial verticals are in Georgia .

:b rkatsiteli ( white) is a variety that is so widely grown in eastern and central Europe that ranks third in the world our hectares grown . is the most important grape variety used to me Georgian white wines. i Ihigh in acidity and is capable of producing wines with fine characteristics.

:b saperavi(red) produces substantial deep red wines that are suitable for extended aging , perhaps up to 15 years. . The wine has the potential to produce high alcohol levels and he used extensively for blending with other lesser varieties. is Ihe most important grape variety used to me Georgian red wines .

:b mtsvani ( white ) is also important in Georgian wines, and is often blended with rakatsiteli to which it adds a free , aromatic balance. in the Georgian language mtsvani means green I have some of the basic wines also a lot of my could not pronounce that Michael was telling us about he actually had to read them,himself and tripped over the language.

:ft Michael traveled with an interpreter all the time he was there and some of the people but most of the people in Europe spoke some English . He said they were very accommodating and very friendly people . He also said traditionally , George wines carry the name of the source region , district , or village , much like French regional wine such as or Bordeaux or Burgundy. is t It these French wines, George wines are usually a blend of two or more grapes H . George wines are classified as sweet, semisweet, semidry dry fortified and sparkling. the Tmidry rice of the most popular D
............................ if yo Iwant to learn about Georgian wines go to your favorite liquor store or wine and spirits shop. And ask, the proprietor do you have any Georgian, tasty adventure .

The ventures continues..........:db

Back