when good wines gone bad

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Joe,

Did you ever try using something like this??

images

Stick it into your wine and you can use a pump without clogging.

Super tuscan in review

I'M GOING TO MOVE THE THREAD FORWARD IN IT'S ENTIRETY .:spm

1.jpg

1A.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8a.jpg

8a1.jpg

8b.jpg

Super tuscan in review

FOLLOW THE FLOW A FEW CHANGES IN THE ABV. TO FOLLOW .....:d

8a.jpg

8a1.jpg

8b.jpg

8c.jpg

9.jpg

9a.jpg

10.jpg

10a.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

Actually, the one I have is stainless steel, but you can make one easily enough. Go to Lowes and get some 2" pvc, attach an end cap (no glue), and drill about a "gah-jillion" 1/8" holes in it. Total cost is about $10, and it is food safe (they plumb houses with the stuff these days).

I would not use PVC for any wine application. Water use (drain lines) may be OK (pH=7) but Wine use (acidic and containing a solvent ethanol) (pH =~ 3.5) is a way different application. Be safe and use something better suited and more resistant such as HDPE or HDPP.

Actually, the one I have is stainless steel, but you can make one easily enough. Go to Lowes and get some 2" pvc, attach an end cap (no glue), and drill about a "gah-jillion" 1/8" holes in it. Total cost is about $10, and it is food safe (they plumb houses with the stuff these days).

Super tuscan continued

OKAY WHILE THIS ONE IS SITTING LETS GO OVER MY CHANGES SO FAR 2 WEEKS TILL BOTTLING..:spm

8.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8a.jpg

8a1.jpg

8b.jpg

8c.jpg

9.jpg

9a.jpg

Super tuscan continued

THIS IS A LITTLE LONG BUT THEN THE KIT IS A LITTLE EXPENSIVE...:d

9a.jpg

10.jpg

10a.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

12a.jpg

13.jpg

15.jpg

15a.jpg

15b.jpg

Super tuscan continued

moving right along ,did you notice how i cut the corner of the grape pacs corner off??

16.jpg

17.jpg

17a.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

Super tuscan continued

COMING TO A END....:se
SUPER TUSCANSuper Tuscans[edit]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Tignanello_BMK.jpg
Tignanello one of the early Super Tuscans.
Super Tuscans are an unofficial category of Tuscan wines, not recognized within the Italian wine classification system. The origin of Super Tuscans is rooted in the restrictive DOC practices of the Chianti zone prior to the 1990s. During this time Chianti could be composed of no more than 70% Sangiovese and had to include at least 10% of one of the local white wine grapes. Producers who deviated from these regulations could not use the Chianti name on their wine labels and would be classified as vino da tavola - Italy's lowest wine designation. By the 1970s, the consumer market for Chianti wines was suffering and the wines were widely perceived to be lacking quality. Many Tuscan wine producers thought they could produce a better quality wine if they were not hindered by the DOC regulations.[6]
The marchese Piero Antinori was one of the first to create a "Chianti-style" wine that ignored the DOC regulations, releasing a 1971 Sangiovese-Cabernet Sauvignon blend known as Tignanello in 1978. Other producers followed suit and soon the prices for these Super Tuscans were consistently beating the prices of some of most well known Chianti. Rather than rely on name recognition of the Chianti region, the Super Tuscan producers sought to create a wine brand that would be recognizable on its own merits by consumers. By the late 1980s, the trend of creating high quality non-DOC wines had spread to other regions of Tuscany, as well as Piedmont and Veneto. Modification to the Chianti DOC regulation attempted to "correct" the issues of Super Tuscans, so that many of the original Super Tuscans would now qualify as standard DOC/G Chianti. Most producers have brought their Super Tuscans back under legal regulations, notably since the creation of the less restrictive IGT Toscana designation in 1992 and the DOC Bolgheri Sassicaia designation in 1994.[6]
In addition to wines based on the Sangiovese grape, many well known Super Tuscans are based on a "Bordeaux-blend", meaning a combination of grapes typical for Bordeaux (esp. Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot). These grapes are not originally from the region, but imported and planted later. The climate in Tuscany has proven to be very good for these grapes. One of the first successful Super Tuscan based "Bordeaux-blend" was Sassicaia, by Tenuta San Guido, now classified as DOC Bolgheri.

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

super Tuscan II

Hi Joe,
It is progressing very well.I think the only real difference was that mine was a RJ Spagnols which came with two jars of spagnols grape skins.
Regards,
Corinth

Super tuscan continued

always think of wine as a sauce base- you add the enhancers to make it real...that makes it yours ,while still staying true to the profile of the base itself..:db

1.jpg

Super tuscan in review

I 'VE HAD AT LEAST 20 PM'S ON THIS SO LETS FLIP IT ONE MORE TIME BEFORE WE BOTTLE,OKAY?:wy

1.jpg

1A.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8a.jpg

8a1.jpg

8b.jpg

Super tuscan continued

6 MORE PICS TO GO, this is a long list of items I know but the kit is expensive and I want more than it can give so I need to work it, no harm in that .:slp

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

I'm about to start my second super Tuscan kit. The first one I followed WE's instructions, the second one I'm thinking about changing the yeast to BM 4X4 w

Latest posts

Back