What's your favorite fruit(s) to make a wine with

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Black raspberry followed by peach. I split out my poorly managed black raspberries to 113 hills last week. I'm hoping next year I get another batch, I've only had enough for one in 7 years. But that 5 gallons of port was worth every berry.

Black raspberry followed by peach. I split out my poorly managed black raspberries to 113 hills last week. I'm hoping next year I get another batch, I've only had enough for one in 7 years. But that 5 gallons of port was worth every berry.

Black raspberry port sounds divine.

A barely off dry peach with crisp acidity. It's a wonderful thing on a warm summer day.

And blueberry port.

Being from southeast (rural) KY. I love the semi sweet fruits.... Blackberry, red raspberry are plentiful and are great. I also love peach and plum I also think cranberry is very good but I have a hard time getting it to ferment down. I back sweeten to 1.010.

BLACKBERRY !!! I started making fruit wine this past summer and the blackberry si the best by far. Peach is great but mine was too light bodied this time, I'll double the fruit next time. And of course Strawberry is dangerously delicious.
So from what I have made so far the top three are Blackberry, Peach, and Strawberry.

Our Blackberry has a very flowery bouquet and I slightly sweetened it but not to full desert wine level.

Blueberry had the least flavor but again I will up the fruit quantity and see how that works.

One thing I will be watching more carefully next year is the acidity. Instead of blindly trusting the recipes this year I'm going to 1) Up the fruit quantity and 2) Check acidity before I add in ANY Acid Blend. Musts this year all started out very acidic and finished somewhat too acid for my liking. Thankfully no real bad bite or overly tartness this time around.

I'm open to trying some other varieties time permitting but since I just retired that's no excuse any more.
This year we made:
Apple (Still waiting for it to clear)
Blackberry
Blueberry
Peach
Strawberry

And I am going to start some Apricot this week.

Last edited:
Banana, which tastes nothing like a banana, with orange zest from 2 small oranges, after all was clear. It was already a semi sweet so zest is all I added. I only done that to a quart and now I'm doing the rest of the gallon.
Peach is tasting really good too.
This is such a fun hobby!
As for apricot, I need to know how many lbs some of you used? Dried or fresh?

lol, I don't know how I missed this thread but my fav fruit is Elderberry!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back