What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This was pretty plain at first, though it had nice tannin, mouthfeel and finish. After about 30 minutes, a little fruit is showing, but just a touch. A nice wine, that will go well with my ribeye tonight without overpowering it. I'd say this is age worthy for at least a few years.

image.jpg

2014 Meiomi Pinot Noir

Scents of cranberry sauce and spices. Fruit forward flavors with tangy strawberries, pomegranate, sour cherry following up with a smokey finish. The wine is smooth and quite tasty.

PHOTO_20160610_190322.jpg

What no rubber? The new WMT drinking game is every time you give a wine tasting note and say the word rubber we all have to drink a glass of wine! :)

2014 Meiomi Pinot Noir

Scents of cranberry sauce and spices. Fruit forward flavors with tangy strawberries, pomegranate, sour cherry following up with a smokey finish. The wine is smooth and quite tasty.

2014 Meiomi Pinot Noir

It is a very readily available, but perfect Thanksgiving wine. Especially if you do your turkey on a grill or smoker.

It is a very readily available, but perfect Thanksgiving wine. Especially if you do your turkey on a grill or smoker.

Now that I really think about. You're absolutely right. This is a great Thanksgiving wine. While it's not really sweet, it's not dry either. The fruitiness and the cranberry makes it a no-brainer for Thanksgiving!

Maybe I will pick up a bottle or two for Thanksgiving this year. :h

You see this today:

Bulk Buy!

http://www.reversewinesnob.com/2014/10/trader-joes-reserve-paso-robles-syrah.html

I snagged quite a few bottles of this back in 2010 and it was an incredible value plus there is that bottle that they talk about in the review. I swear it weighs 5lbs.......

This was pretty plain at first, though it had nice tannin, mouthfeel and finish. After about 30 minutes, a little fruit is showing, but just a touch. A nice wine, that will go well with my ribeye tonight without overpowering it. I'd say this is age worthy for at least a few years.

Had a little of the LR Sauvignon Blanc Rose from this afternoon's bottling, then cracked a LR Shiraz-Viognier to go with the baby backs.

Popped a couple corks tonight. Had a 2103 Columbia Crest Reserve Chardonay which was not MLF'ed and aged Sur Lie for 15mo in french oak. Nice notes of warm apple, spices of cinnamon and clove, a little pear and of course vanilla. Absolutely no trace of rubber..... :) Really nice bottle of wine.

The warm up wine was a really nice inexpensive bottle of French Rose' from Provence (Bieler Pe're & Fils) that is a blend of Grenache, Syrah, Cab Sauv and Cinsault. This wine has a connection to WA State as the wine maker is one of Charles and Charles fame (Charles Bieler). It was very good, beautiful salmon color, a little light on acid but lovely notes of lavender, rosemary, rose petal, citrus, wild raspberry and tart cherry. Not bad at all for $10.99

IMG_1189.jpg

IMG_1196.jpg

2 year old banana wine
perfect
a fine white w/no banana flavor
soo good with a slite chill

Latest posts

Back