What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In San Antonio visiting my folks. Made a Costco run today. Found Gorman wine at a Costco! :db

Steaks on the grill tomorrow night but tonight its a Costco Take N Bake Pizza with some of that Kirkland Signature CV Merlot Cabernet. Will report back how it goes down later.

IMG_1163.jpg

IMG_1164.jpg

Last edited:
Tonight's wine is a 2012 Château Fleur Cardinale Saint-Émilion Grand Cru. It was paired with a Pasta Rigatoni with Italian Sausage.

Dark inky like purple with scents of bramble and dark fruit. Black cherry, raisin, black current and a bit of peat moss on the palate. Not only full bodied, but a ripe full flavor with good structure to match.

This is beautiful now, but I bet it will only get better. It's a keeper!

PHOTO_20160604_210917.jpg

In San Antonio visiting my folks. Made a Costco run today. Found Gorman wine at a Costco! :db

Steaks on the grill tomorrow night but tonight its a Costco Take N Bake Pizza with some of that Kirkland Signature CV Merlot Cabernet. Will report back how it goes down later.

I think I am making a Costco run later today only to grab a couple of those Kirkland CV Merlot Cab.

Did you try it?

I think it's pretty good and will be spectacular with some more aging, but pretty good right now.

Yep, It was good and went well with Pizza. Lots of fruit, a little light on tannins and oak for my taste but very approachable now. Good QPR.

Yep, It was good and went well with Pizza. Lots of fruit, a little light on tannins and oak for my taste but very approachable now. Good QPR.

How many you got, a whole case? Lol

2012 Goldeneye Pinot Noir. Tonight's doesn't taste quite as well as the one I had a couple of weeks ago. (at least as I can remember)

2010 Yering Station Village Shiraz Viognier

Dark purple in color. On the nose I Raspberry, plum, hints of raddish, and black tea. On the palate, I have a stewed cranberry of sort, vocanic rock, and a brazilian nut with hints of tobacco. Medium plus body with a slight hint of higher acidity that burned off within minutes of the pour.

PHOTO_20160607_191124.jpg

2014 La Finca Argentina Tempranillo that I picked up from Trader Joe's. Light (but not too much), fruity, and nicely balanced with a little oak and acid. Nice buy.

Tonight's wine comes at the recommendation of a G+ wine friend of mine.

2014 Selbach-Oster Riesling feinherb

Tasting Notes:
Straw in color. Aromas of citrus fruit, honeydew and rubber. Flavors of Limon, light grapefruit, and pear. A slightly highened acidity, though it works well with the vivid citrus structure. It's smooth even with the acidiy and has a bit more body that I expected.

Final Thoughts:
Almost Sauvignon Blanc like, yet it still has the Riesling character. Very interesting, and very good!

PHOTO_20160609_191527.jpg

Back