What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2014 Kukeri Pinot Noir

This Pinot Noir is violet in color and has aromas of black cherry with a centered floral and light citrus backing. On the palate, impressions begin with an anemic floral overtones, but a delayed saturation of cherry and plum quickly increase much of the missing initial piquancy. The texture is quite silky and smooth. I would say slightly too much so as it's missing some needed acidity to deliver proper balance. Good, but not great. Though this vino is young and could definitely improve quite a bit with more time.

IMG_20160331_192935.jpg

2014 Kukeri Pinot Noir

This Pinot Noir is violet in color and has aromas of black cherry with a centered floral and light citrus backing. On the palate, impressions begin with an anemic floral overtones, but a delayed saturation of cherry and plum quickly increase much of the missing initial piquancy. The texture is quite silky and smooth. I would say slightly too much so as it's missing some needed acidity to deliver proper balance. Good, but not great. Though this vino is young and could definitely improve quite a bit with more time.

You need to get a job as a wine label writer.

You need to get a job as a wine label writer.

lol, yeah no. One thing I've found is while you can find a trace of truth in some people's tasting notes. They are generally specific to that person and not a match for mine and I'm sure mine aren't the same for anyone else.

As a kid I had an obsession with vocabulary, though that died away with time of the inability to use it in a creative way. Well, until my wine obsession and tasting notes entered my life. Many people complain during school when they will use a certain skill being taught. I've found a use that actually works for me anyhow. :h

Last edited:
Tonight it is our last bottle of 2008 Stemilt Creek Careing Passion, mainly Merlot. We are going to miss that vintage. 09 is different, but good too.

Costco run today! :db

@geek Snagged a couple of bottles but will toss them into the cellar and hope to find them in a few years! LOL :)

I have to make a run before it's too late...LOL
Closest Costco about 50 miles RT. :ft

My wife is a Costco employee at the local warehouse and they don't sell liquor :(
But they just recently obtained the permit and most likely will have liquor by middle of summer....:db

I bet it doesn't take me much longer though than you time wise to get there!

Its freeway and most of the time the speed limit is 75 but you will get your doors blown off if you just do 75. Most people are doing 80-90mph on I-25. It takes us 75 minutes to make it to Costco door to door. :sm

There's a rumor they are going to build a Costco in Santa fe, you know, the STATE CAPITOL......

That rumor is like 20 years old now....... :(

Our local Costco, although no liquor sold as of right now) is like 4 miles one way. Perfect job for the wife..:h

All this Costco talk made me curious about a wine kit I did from there. It's still a baby at 6 months, I added grapeskins from another kit and some Tancor Grand Cru tannin.It definitely still tastes a bit on the green side,but for a inexpensive kit,and young, it's not too bad.Not one I would pull out for a dinner with company but it'll pass for an afternoon happy hour :h

20160528_163303_resized.jpg

An Australian 2012 Leeuwin Estate Art Series Chardonnay from the Margret River area.

Scents of rubber, with a limon lime medley. The flavor starts out with more of the same. Rubber and a limon lime flavor although the finish swings towards marmalaid. Nice and crisp and paired very well with dinner. (White Fish Vera Cruz over Chimichurri rice with a piece of garlic Nan break with butter)

The wine is very good, though I don't think it quite meets it's price point.

0ShJprKaoixBDptZjbnuM23DKDOyugTm_pG44Lyl5CouRlDM7Xmmc7OkjjKpQlCrtuSCui0pxn6V1BnA6usmhYKvBq-_K-OtFlgXE-kemDyoNucifGCsmF1OXSt4l1ph3wJWyl1UxWJ9zx3PxpL7qkUCoqQpUmCDnh_nkJck-Nrpa5MjarVvUbwHC-toGU2e6M0793QEAfJLzBtLhGIm_Pa5KVOoCphXXot6guBuEAzlnueDn8NsUXtuIqVkFVWxEnDTq8Mv_P56tacpjnBYp-GkXvPbC761CixUh_-RLA3ngV3m04j6m_vT-vC3sxHWVoRcwQf3cXnqQ27ZaHP8HKNEgswo24VoM6EzJ6HlQh4sk7MO4JJJIZq8OD-yEG2_yqhXC2zsdySnXGnsbhLlZiGcq2OhB1wayTUKDhIfgyiZPjtkvRd4C3j7Mf8V7zxxzoxo3Bv-ng5OYrKlgYgF7XyLvUj1Vm81oDEWWVanZtnUXPKr1flNngUfOmoozK68MHALHe3SoGpjJa6H8GiDc4e1MIyY_WjchskJC6z2PjQHRa3bRVV_aRNleZgfuCUXeJYn_jeGW2-wlpV_fxEiJlA8BFBXujNs=w735-h979-no

Tonight it is Trio Vintners Morvedre. Rattlesnake Mountain, Walla Walla winery. If you ever have a chance to grab some do. I'm not to knowledgeable on Morvedre, but it was fantastic with smoked ribs. Dusky with light raspberry fruit and a black pepper finish.

2015 Acrobat Rose' of Pinot Noir (Oregon). These guys made Wine Spectator Top 100 list a few years back for their Pinot Noir. They know how to do Pinot Noir and this Rose' of Pinot Noir is top notch as well. Great color, wonderful bouquet of strawberry followed by a nice crisp acidity that fills the mouth. Top it off with 14% ABV and a MSRP of $12 and you have Summer time patio winner. I was able to source this from my local Smith's Marketplace (aka Kroger) which is even sweeter. Pair it with anything off the grill!

IMG_1529.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back