What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Columbia Crest "Two Vines" 2012 Sauvignon Blanc. It was on clearance for $6.99. Not the best SB I've ever had (I've certainly had worse), but for 7 bucks, its pretty damn good.

I just opened up my first "official" bottle of CC Showcase Amarone. This was the 3rd kit I made, and I aged it 18 mos. It is good -- not great. Some KT, and a bit of a bitter finish. The taste is a little "off" somehow. Still quite enjoyable, but maybe more like an ~$8 bottle.

Paul, how's that CC Showcase Malbec coming along?

I'll let you know in 401 days! I bottled it a few weeks ago; first "official" drink is May 22, 2016.

I will say this, though. At bottling, it was super. Very nice, just a hint of KT, well balanced, very tasty. I can't wait for it to get into my drinking rotation.

401 days...!!! LOL Mine is not fully developed yet after a year.

Apple Berry wine! First wine that I made that was ready to drink when I was ready to drink it....

Leather and cedar - I know, right?!? And tobacco.
I would love these notes in my wine. Spanish wine can have them, too, I find.

ImageUploadedByWine Making1429660571.297273.jpg
After last nights great Italian wine, this one falls very very short. Not sure what the wine maker was going for but not really much of anything stands out. One thing I can say is that the oak smell is much more "integrated" than any of my kits I've made. $18 wasted!! Stated on shelf talker it is the same as "the prisoner" but better! I wonder how bad the prisoner must be! Sorry everyone for my rant, but $18 should taste better than this. I guess I'll have to wait for m&m to get their Sangiovese back in stock and make it myself!!

Opened a bottle of my first-ever kit wine, a CC Sterling Merlot. It is now 20 mos. old. I made a fair amount of mistakes on that kit, but it is coming around.

I never really got to liking mine (though there aren't any left). It was just 'blah'. Even as it approached and surpassed 2 years.

2013 Petit Sirah. My first wine entirely from fresh grapes. The numbers on this wine were great and I didn't adjust anything. Made an error or two with nutrition and had some H2S in secondary that went away - until tonight. I got a hint of it at first. After 30+ minutes of air, it was almost entirely gone and I have a nice wine. This was the first time since MLF finished that I recall getting the H2S. I thought I had gotten rid of it. I'd love to have another chance at this batch. Still, I'm enjoying it after it opened up.

Hey-hey! Look what I found in the cellar! A refugee bottle of Panama Red, the winner of the first-ever Winemaking Talk (Unofficial) Wine Contest. What was that, 2-3 years ago? I thought this stuff was long gone. Tastes smooth...

Starting my evening off a little early. Having some of Dan's Blueberry Blush, there was a glass worth left in the bottle from last night, not sure if I liked it better last night or today. LOL probably today because because it is always better when your misbehaving. Me and Patrick (hubby) very much enjoyed it last night too. Now how to explain the empty bottle to Patrick....:ft

sitting out on my deck freezing.... i dont care, i got springstein on the portable dvd, and a nice 2014 chilean cab in my friggin glass.

life is good!

Hey-hey! Look what I found in the cellar! A refugee bottle of Panama Red, the winner of the first-ever Winemaking Talk (Unofficial) Wine Contest. What was that, 2-3 years ago? I thought this stuff was long gone. Tastes smooth...

Awesome looking distressed label! Very creative!

Woo-hoo! I opened my first bottle of my WE Selection Viognier. This is only 6 mos. old, but I was going by the assertion that whites are ready more quickly. Viognier is my favorite summer quaff, so I made it 6 mos. ago to be ready for summer. It is quite good. Not quite as good as the $10 commercial stuff I usually drink, but pretty dang close. I am pleased! :try

Back