What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amador Cabernet Sauvignon 2021

I have one of these at 15.2% alcohol (surprisingly it doesn't taste hot). The rest is blended. Fermented uncrushed hand destemmed and fermented with RC212 yeast for 14 days. Oaked with American medium toast oak cubes 30 per 5 Imperial gallons during malolactic fermentation with no sulphite during yeast and malolactic fermentation for 120 days.

Here are my comments:

Colour: purple ink

Smell: cocoa, figs, pomegranates, coffee

Acid - slightly low but ok

Tannin - fine

Flavour - rich, intense, slightly flat from slightly low acid. Otherwise fine. If I had it in volume I'd cut it with lower alcohol higher acid grapes like Marechal Foch and Regent. It has a long finish. I'm glad I blended the majority of it to boost its acid. Having said that if I could get it it again I'd buy it to blend with Foch and Regent.

Attachments

• 20230803_153844.jpg
    20230803_153844.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
We got a winner!!!
Also added Cava.

Just recently became familiar with that drink. As I've come to enjoy a Paper Plane, I've had Aperol around. Had some friends over on July 4th and started with the spritzes. They were very well received.

Not even going to guess on this one, but I'm also hyper focused on that beautiful water in the background.

The water was spot on in temperature, no complain and crystal clear, shallow and just nice..!!

Latest posts

Back