What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unexpectedly smooth for a cab-like deep red/purple wine, with well balanced acid and tannins. It had strong notes of black currants and dark ripe cherries with subtle hints of tobacco and leather. It paired well with a grilled beef tenderloin and a wild mushrooms sauce, and even better with the homemade German chocolate cake we had for dessert.
I've never heard of the Susumaniello grape variety before, but I can say I'm impressed.

Arrived home today from a week+ long trip to the Motherland AKA Upstate NY, visiting numerous relatives and meeting some friends in person for the first time.

@mainshipfred hosted at a meet-n-greet at his shop a week ago Saturday, where we tasted a LOT of good wines. More on that in other posts.

Today's drive was from NVA AKA Northern Virginia AKA DC area, a 6 hour drive, half of which was through a torrential downpour. Oddly enough, the rain didn't cost us as much elapsed time as I expected (which is totally ok with me!). Got home, unloaded, mowed the lawn (really ugly after 10 days), and now I'm SITTING. And enjoying a nice red.

roma.jpg

Arrived home today from a week+ long trip to the Motherland AKA Upstate NY, visiting numerous relatives and meeting some friends in person for the first time.

@mainshipfred hosted at a meet-n-greet at his shop a week ago Saturday, where we tasted a LOT of good wines. More on that in other posts.

Today's drive was from NVA AKA Northern Virginia AKA DC area, a 6 hour drive, half of which was through a torrential downpour. Oddly enough, the rain didn't cost us as much elapsed time as I expected (which is totally ok with me!). Got home, unloaded, mowed the lawn (really ugly after 10 days), and now I'm SITTING. And enjoying a nice red.

View attachment 103450

I was coming the other way through that rain this morning - Williamsburg, Va back to NoVa. With no traffic normally, 2:20-2:30. Today was 3 hours. Actually not bad for a Sunday headed back toward DC. Now enjoying the last bottle of my 2019 Virginia Viognier - grapes thanks to @mainshipfred. This wine has held up really well. I wish I had more.

I was coming the other way through that rain this morning - Williamsburg, Va back to NoVa. With no traffic normally, 2:20-2:30. Today was 3 hours. Actually not bad for a Sunday headed back toward DC. Now enjoying the last bottle of my 2019 Virginia Viognier - grapes thanks to @mainshipfred. This wine has held up really well. I wish I had more.

My old stomping grounds!

Making tacos tonight -- ground beef, onion, diced tomatoes with chilies, green chilies, Aldi's taco seasoning, and half a bottle of Red Blend.

One of the benefits of having a lot of wine on hand is that using half a bottle to make tacos is nothing that even bears thought.

OTOH, the Albrizzi is 50/50 Cabernet Sauvignon/ Primitivo, and it's fantastic. I'm sad I only have 1 more bottle.

wine.jpg

I think it hits above its weight. I'd rate it a little higher than cosctowineblog - maybe a 90. For a Napa Cab at 15 bucks, you can't go wrong.
CWB has not rated the 2020 yet. Looks like that Kirkland Sig Napa Cab (Single Vineyard) is one of the top Costco wines if you see it in the wild. Only $2 more. 91pts CWB.

Latest posts

Back