What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

jswordy

Wonderful WINO
Reaction score
I’m getting thirsty..!!!
:D Come on over. We found this in Tennessee! It does say St. Louis Missouri in the fine print on the label, though. Good ole InBev. But it is a good beer.

ibglowin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Popped the cork on my 1st of (2) 2014 Intrinsic Cab Sauv wines from the CV........

1634861257843.png

Very interesting wine. Heavily extracted for sure. Lots of dark color in the glass and a nice bouquet but that's where it stops sadly. Not a whole lot of mouthfeel or much of a finish. Good wine to take to a holiday get together but not memorable by any means and at ~$19 a bottle not a fantastic QPR but just OK. YMMV.

Boatboy24

No longer a newbie, but still clueless.
Reaction score
Popped the cork on my 1st of (2) 2014 Intrinsic Cab Sauv wines from the CV........

View attachment 80140

Very interesting wine. Heavily extracted for sure. Lots of dark color in the glass and a nice bouquet but that's where it stops sadly. Not a whole lot of mouthfeel or much of a finish. Good wine to take to a holiday get together but not memorable by any means and at ~$19 a bottle not a fantastic QPR but just OK. YMMV.
I thought it was very good and a good value back in those days. I've tried some of the more recent vintages and don't think it's worth the price of admission. Certainly a worthy wine, but there are better bottles from that area in that price range.

ibglowin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I bought based on this review. Perhaps held it a tad too long but just wasn't my cup of tea tonight. Again not bad just a little disjointed in the end. Have not picked up any since this vintage but the others all seem to be getting 90pts WE at least.

I thought it was very good and a good value back in those days. I've tried some of the more recent vintages and don't think it's worth the price of admission. Certainly a worthy wine, but there are better bottles from that area in that price range.

ibglowin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Interesting find for today. Cheaper than a Coravin for sure for the unusual times you have a half drunk bottle of wine.