What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Popped the cork on my 1st of (2) 2014 Intrinsic Cab Sauv wines from the CV........

1634861257843.png

Very interesting wine. Heavily extracted for sure. Lots of dark color in the glass and a nice bouquet but that's where it stops sadly. Not a whole lot of mouthfeel or much of a finish. Good wine to take to a holiday get together but not memorable by any means and at ~$19 a bottle not a fantastic QPR but just OK. YMMV.

Popped the cork on my 1st of (2) 2014 Intrinsic Cab Sauv wines from the CV........

View attachment 80140

Very interesting wine. Heavily extracted for sure. Lots of dark color in the glass and a nice bouquet but that's where it stops sadly. Not a whole lot of mouthfeel or much of a finish. Good wine to take to a holiday get together but not memorable by any means and at ~$19 a bottle not a fantastic QPR but just OK. YMMV.

I thought it was very good and a good value back in those days. I've tried some of the more recent vintages and don't think it's worth the price of admission. Certainly a worthy wine, but there are better bottles from that area in that price range.

I bought based on this review. Perhaps held it a tad too long but just wasn't my cup of tea tonight. Again not bad just a little disjointed in the end. Have not picked up any since this vintage but the others all seem to be getting 90pts WE at least.

https://www.winemag.com/buying-guide/intrinsic-2014-cabernet-sauvignon-columbia-valley-wa/

I thought it was very good and a good value back in those days. I've tried some of the more recent vintages and don't think it's worth the price of admission. Certainly a worthy wine, but there are better bottles from that area in that price range.

Latest posts

Back