What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mrs. IB's favorite wine. (Vinho Verde)

It is very similar to a Sauvignon Blanc NZ in my opinion, my wife just brought me 2 more bottles because it is selling like crazy at Costco.

Finished what I started yesterday

4BA41CC9-EB22-42E6-97F2-021F0FE7C05C.jpg

Tasty Modelo as well...

IMG_0223.JPG

Has a bit of carbonation so it will stay fresh for weeks once opened. Plus low ABV so perfect Summer porch pounder. I will have to keep a look out for it at our Costco.

It is very similar to a Sauvignon Blanc NZ in my opinion, my wife just brought me 2 more bottles because it is selling like crazy at Costco.

Finished what I started yesterday

Last edited:
We were invited over by our new/future neighbors for some wine and snacks last night. Neighbor Jim is much more knowledgeable and connected to the local wine scene and very much more dedicated to buying, trying, supporting and sharing Arizona wines than I expected. Lori played designated driver but we still managed to polish off the better part of 4 different bottles. Started with 2015 Javalina Leap Syrah, very dry not too much fruit flavor or tannin but pretty decent. There was a Rose from Page Springs winery I didn't try. My favorite by far was 2012 Rio Claro blend, very unique flavor, great balance and really just plain enjoyable. And finally a Sweet Riesling from Alcantara. There are many more wineries here than I realized and it should be a lot of fun to explore and learn. Jim even sent us packing with a gift of a bottle of the Rio Claro.

Attachments

• RioClaro.jpg
    RioClaro.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 29

Latest posts

Back