What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Starting the holiday weekend tonight! 2012 CC Reserve Cab Sauv. No complaints. Paired wonderfully with leftover smoked meats!

IMG_4334.JPG

Just a couple glasses of sangria at my night stop in NJ and heading to bed soon.

Tomorrow heading to PA for my son’s soccer tournament.

IMG_0027.JPG

We tried this Meiomi Pinot Noir a while back and have been buying bottles regularly since then. Sells everywhere for between 17 and 22/bottle and reviews seem pretty split between "mass produced for the masses so we hate it" and "mass produced but dang, it's still really good". If you like fruity Pinot you might give this one a shot. The Coppola Cab's not bad either.

Mike
Meiomi.jpg

I like the Meiomi, but to me, there's a tinge of sweetness that sometimes turns me off. Other times, it's perfect. I've been a fan of Coppola wines for quite some time. Not the best QPR, but they are good. We honeymooned at two of his resorts in Belize - nothing but Coppola wines, IIRC. But I had no complaints about that.

We’re polishing off a 2015 Hall Mt. Veeder Cab, it’s our “didn’t go to the beach” wine, quite spectacular. Mrs. is working on dinner, meatballs and spaghetti with garlic bread, I’ve got a 2016 Del Dotto Sangiovese that’s up for the task. This is my absolutely favorite domestic Sangiovese, and I’m pretty stoked...........

Sausage: Done
BB Ribs: Done
Pork Butt: Resting

Haven't had one of these since I escaped Tejas back in 1986. Was in TW on Friday and a wave of nostalgia hit me and I thought what the heck. Wonder if it still taste as bad as it did back then.

Why yes, yes it does...... LOL

IMG_4339.JPG

Back