What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone else live with a comedian?

Tonight I was asked who I was having for dinner... Just before I served.

Cmon! We've all ordered dinner for 2 before. 😄 I even skipped spring rolls and fried rice :rolleyes:

chow.jpgshrimp.jpgchop.jpg

On an interesting side note... If you offer to vacuum the noodles out of the stove 'cause it is too hot, it will be explained how easy it is. You will be thanked, and then told it is no problem. I can do this. sit down...

It's not my first rodeo! 😂

Our younger son + wife visited, so my sons & I conducted our annual "whiskey exchange":

whiskey 1.jpg

We tasted all, plus a few others, in very small doses. We needed to be able to crawl, or at least cook.

Dinner was individual Beef Wellingtons, as we have a variety of likes for doneness, Duxelle type, and cheese type. I use excess pastry to put something resembling a person's initial on top of each. The steaks are all close to the same size, but different filet shapes make the pastries look different. I buy a whole tenderloin and cut the steaks myself.

wellington 1.jpg

The recipe calls for Madeira (we substituted Port) and brandy, and washed the Wellingtons down with Italian reds.

wine 1.jpg

Most of the steaks were seared in a Griddler for 1 minute, then later baked for 22 minutes, resulting in medium-rare.

wellington 2.jpg

This is the type of dish to make once a year, not only because of the effort, but because if we do it too often it loses it's specialness.

Mrs. WM81 mentioned recently how much she enjoyed the last chicken pot pie I made, and we had chicken in the fridge, so I decided to make it last night. However, I just wasn't up to messing with pie crust, so instead I put buttermilk biscuits on top.

pot pie.jpg

Mrs. WM81 mentioned recently how much she enjoyed the last chicken pot pie I made, and we had chicken in the fridge, so I decided to make it last night. However, I just wasn't up to messing with pie crust, so instead I put buttermilk biscuits on top.

View attachment 109022
That’s the way my mom always made it 😋😋😋

Latest posts

Back