What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I think hubby is just going to have to get used to me taking an occasional pic of my food.lol

tonight he bbq'd me an awesome steak to go with my veggies

That's a good looking plate. Nice Summery looking salad.

I have to ask...do your spouses/partners look at you strange when you take pics of your food? Lol.I had to explain to my hubby the other night that this site is more than just wine.
My wife's Facebook friends all post their food pictures, both from home and the local restaurants.

Pizza night.. First image of what was leftover from them. Second image what was for me, it's all mine! Mushroom, green pepper, garlic, onion and diced leftover bbq chicken thigh, yum! Third image is of my eating company, dueling buckets of PG with finished brothers and sisters looking on. Slowing down a bit, will have to rack at some point this weekend.

5-6-16_pizza2.jpg

5-6-16_pizza1.jpg

5-6-16_pinot-twins.jpg

We had fantastic weather today, first really nice day since March. Yee-haw! So, I fired up the Weber grill. Just a simple dinner: grilled green beans (with chipotle and coriander); grilled corn on the cob, then cut off into a skillet with LOTS of butter and cumin; grilled/charred heart of romaine, with a lemon/oil/vinaigrette; and crank the heat up for a seared ribeye steak! Delish.

Hubby got the rotisserie on and we barbecued a chicken. Just had salads with it.It was like a summer dinner!

Had expected to have an overcast, ugly day today, so I started up the crockpot this morning and added some browned beef (about 3 lbs) I got on sale at the local Giant (pronouced guy-ant in my world).

Turned out to be a really nice afternoon, still not willing to try the tractor since I don't want to have to pull it out with the car (fellow church goer said we had 3 inches of rain in the last few days). So I really wanted to grill something to occupy my time, so I went to the back yard with my boots and grabbed a few lbs of fresh asparagas. Grilled that and a few hot dogs for my youngest. Yum.

Picture is of the beef stew, no asparagas, that's long gone.

5-7-16_beef-stew.jpg

Three lobster tails 9nly 4.99 total from Kroger, 8oz prime filet, salad and roasted new potatoes. Early mothers day dinner for better half. My wine that accidentally wasn't labeled so no idea what is was but darn good. Tastes like a Brunello or Super Tuscan.

Ribeye over cherry wood, salad, tots. Yes, we eat a lot of tots. One of the few starches everyone likes. Darn picky kids...

Although, my oldest fell in love with potatoes again after having the beef stew aboard the USS Constellation last night. :D (tots don't count as potatoes)

To me, tater tots taste frozen and like they are made of cardboard. Not a big fan.

Had nice weather on sunday (nice to see that the weatherman was wrong). Unfortunately, I already had the makings for a roast chicken dinner.

8 pound bird, stuffing, mashed taters, gravy, and green beans. everything was made from scratch.

Nice size bird! will enjoy eating off of it for the remainder of the week.

To me, tater tots taste frozen and like they are made of cardboard. Not a big fan.

Me too. But these are pretty tasty.

k2-_825e3885-8c9d-443e-bd95-bd37a0f6722e.v1.jpg

Last night we had grilled trout, wild rice and green beans. It's nice having a neighbor who likes to fish, but doesn't eat them. I'll get trout a few more times this summer no doubt...

Yesterday I made turkey sandwiches. :)

While that sounds boring, you can really brighten stuff up with a slight change to how you make it.

Smoked Turkey, Tomatoes, lettuce, applewood smoked bacon, light goat cheese, and the kicker, fig jam. Very tasty.

The jig jam added a new dimension to the sandwich. I also created a few with red apple slices with cinnamon, sugar, and allspice. It was good too, but the apples need to be cut thicker as the goat cheese smothered the apple flavor. The fig jam had more than enough oomph to out muscle the goat cheese.

That even rhymes [emoji3]

You mean, like this:

Last night, grilled trout was our dish,
and we supped on green beans and wild rice.
Having a neighbor who likes to fish,
but not to eat ‘em, well, that’s nice.

This coming summer, I anticipate
Flaky morsels of tasty trout.
With the mere image in my head, I salivate,
I will take “good care” of his bounty, no doubt!

:) :)

Back