What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks good! You somehow missed the main course though...... LOL

roast-pork-loin-with-bacon-and-brow.jpg

Lemon and tarragon flavors this mushroom and asparagus risotto.

Looks good! You somehow missed the main course though...... LOL]

Two months of eating high carb low fat vegan. I've tripled the amount of food from what I was eating before. I don't count calories. I am constantly satisfied. And I've lost 10 pounds so far. I think I'll stick with this for a while longer. ;)

Two months of eating high carb low fat vegan. I've tripled the amount of food from what I was eating before. I don't count calories. I am constantly satisfied. And I've lost 10 pounds so far. I think I'll stick with this for a while longer. ;)

I don't know where you got that pork loin pic, but between that and the risotto, my tummy is grumbling!

Was once again abandoned from the family meal (I love it), so I made a simple grilled chicken sandwich. My brother had texted me around 4:30pm as to whether we could do "Moe's", a local bar with really good wings (like 10 or so different styles of them) but I had to man the fort as my wife took my son to his baseball game, my brother realized he had to go feed the dog because his wife did the same (baseball game, abandoned for dinner, etc), so it didn't work out this time.

So I made up a chicken thigh sandwich, with Sweet Baby Rays wing sauce, and some fries coated with Emeril's Essence. Went well with a cheap Labatt's blue, fresh from the freezer (forgot to pre-chill some this morning).

5-10-15_chicken_thigh_sandwich.jpg

Not to nitpick, but it looks like you grill (Webber?) is in need of some attention.

It looks like the grill that I have. Those stupid plastic side-trays really soak up anything they come in contact with. They are impossible to keep clean. What I do is remove them and toss them into the dishwasher. This seems to do a good job.

Last edited:
Not to nitpick, but it looks like you grill (Webber?) is in need of some attention.

It looks like the grill that I have. Those stupid plastic side-trays really soak up anything they come in contact with. They are impossible to keep clean. What I do is remove them and toss them into the dishwasher. This seems to do a good job.

Yes, they are in dire need of a cleaning. I changed the inner tube on my tractor tire the other day on that, so a bit of grease and dirt was left behind. I need to change the tube on the other side, and I'm sure that surface will become my "workbench" for the project. That and the fact that the grill is well over 10 years old means I should just order new ones and be done with it.

I intended to take presentation pics, but it disappeared rather quickly!! lol! Low and slow over apple wood smoke. Rubbed with a blend of sugars and spices I have been tweaking. Had herbed potato medallions, spaghetti squash, and a blend of root vegetables. Really good!
97348AC7-2D39-4CCE-8993-BAE9319A7221_zpsfcbkijdm.jpg

We had fresh spinach sauteed with garlic, black pepper, and lots of olive oil and lemon; fettuccine with a creamed truffle sauce (out of a can); and sole meunière with the sauce modified to include parsley, lemon juice, lemon zest, thyme, and sherry. This was all washed down by the Luna Bianca I was raving about the other day. (The truffle sauce is like crack cocaine -- I cannot get enough of it!)

I made Bucatini all' Amatriciana this evening. Even though this is a very simple preparation, I had never made it before. I even had guanciale, which is smoked pork cheek. (Like bacon, but made from the cheek, or jowl, of the pig.) Simmered it with onions, hot pepper, and tomato to make a wonderfully tasty sauce.

We also enjoyed braised Tuscan Kale.

Last edited:
Back