What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We were out some friends for Greek food last night. The menu was mainly tapas style, so we had a little of everything. Flatbreads with a few different kinds of spreads/dips started the evening. Then we moved into cheese saganaki, crispy eggplant, salmon tartar, grilled octopus, salads, meatballs, souvlaki, and finally some spit roasted chicken, pork and lamb. It was all great. But I didn't take a single picture of the food.

Last edited:
How do you make it rain in the desert southwest? Easy, start your smoker pit up for the day! We are under a sever thunderstorm watch so rolled the Kamodo underneath the portal and taking cover for a bit. Pic is right before the ribs went into foil for a few hours to steam/sweat a bit.

IMG_1120.jpg

It hasn't hit the grill yet, but I've got a whole prime filet in the fridge, partnered with a sliced potato casserole and steamed fresh green beans. Wifey has a couple of pies for dessert.

On the gas grill for a quick sear.

Then on to the Primo Oval XL for some light smoke and a medium rare finish.

image.jpg

Its a Redi Chek by Maverick Industries off Amazon.

81luHa0ZQGL._SX355_.jpg

I see a remote temp sensor in your meat, is it by chance attached to a DigiQ or CyberQ?

Too windy here to grill or smoke anything long term, so did the grill with some pork loin kabobs. Marinated for a few hours in pineapple juice, soy sauce and some freshly ground cumin. Yum. Beef doggers are for my youngest daughter who doesn't care for pork, she'll eventually learn.

Will be making a ragú this evening and pounding the sh** out of some chicken and pre-cooking on some charcoal, with pecan wood, for chicken parmesean dinner tomorrow evening. Like to pre-make dinners to make it easier on my wife (and the kids for that matter).

5-15-2016_pork-kabobs.jpg

How do you make it rain in the desert southwest? Easy, start your smoker pit up for the day! We are under a sever thunderstorm watch so rolled the Kamodo underneath the portal and taking cover for a bit. Pic is right before the ribs went into foil for a few hours to steam/sweat a bit.

Man, does that look like OMG..!! :HB:HB:HB

How much you paid for that thing, do you have a link?

Preview of tomorrows dinner, chicken parmesan using grilled smashed chicken (makes it nice and tender), topped with a tomato ragú. Hopefully will serve with garlic bread and grilled asparagus.

Chicken (or veal) Parm is one of my all time favorite meals.

Back