What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is a normal grill? LOL

Its very nice. Very heavy but has wheels thank goodness.

I have four grills/BBQ Pits now. :)

Propane is nice for quick and easy week nights etc. The 22" Webber Bullet is amazingly versatile for almost as fast grilling over charcoal and hardwoods.

The Kamodo holds the temperature so well that you really can walk away for hours and not worry about it if your doing large pieces of meat.

Is that "thing" better than a "normal" grill? :ft

Chicken (or veal) Parm is one of my all time favorite meals.

This time I didn't smash/coat/deep fry, just smash/grill. It probably saved me about an hour of time, plus the mess of cleaning up the fry pan. Wife cooked it for about 1 hour at 325*F, made garlic bread, but I didn't get home in time to grill up any asparagus, so we did broccoli and salad. Was received well by all, I could break up the chicken for serving with a wooden spoon, so pretty darn tender.

Lit a nice "break-in" fire last night in the Kamodo. Just put the pork butt on now and 2 slabs of baby backs will go on in a few hours. More pics later.

Peecan wood of course! :HB

Darn Mike, that cooker is way to clean, I've actually worn out one ceramic liner and need to buy another. I have the Primo XL oval and love it. Did Pizza on it Saturday at over 600 degrees. You'll love it.

I think everyone would do a "happy dance" without me! :db :db :db:sm:b:r

I think you underestimate your perceived value here by many. What makes this community enjoyable in my eyes is the incredible diversity of not only the wines we make, but the ways we make them, along with the interesting sidebars that provoke us to think about a subject in a different way. You have made me use my online dictionary many times, and for that I thank you.

@ibglowin
Get yourself one of these, the only way to light lump.
http://www.lowes.com/pd_246067-1387...oductId=50126417&selectedLocalStoreBeanArray=[com.lowes.commerce.storelocator.beans.LocatorStoreBean%4069366936]&storeNumber=0095&kpid=50126417&cm_mmc=SCE_PLA-_-RoughPlumbingElectrical-_-PlumbingConnectionsAndSupport-_-50126417%3ABernzOmatic&DM_PersistentCookieCreated=true&CAWELAID=&CAWELAID=320011480001727080
I hope the link works, it's a propaign weed torch. Argh Argh Argh

Your input here is usually informative and well researched. The only reason I could think of to be doing a "happy dance" for someone going away is if that person were either completely over the top obnoxious, or they work for the government.

I think everyone would do a "happy dance" without me!

If there were a way to 'dislike' a post, I'd have done that here. :D

I think you underestimate your perceived value here by many. What makes this community enjoyable in my eyes is the incredible diversity of not only the wines we make, but the ways we make them, along with the interesting sidebars that provoke us to think about a subject in a different way. You have made me use my online dictionary many times, and for that I thank you.

Your input here is usually informative and well researched. The only reason I could think of to be doing a "happy dance" for someone going away is if that person were either completely over the top obnoxious, or they work for the government.

Thanks, you guys. I am afraid my comment, which was only meant to be fun, was a bit unfair. It was kind of like a teenage girl saying "Oh, I am sooo ugly," to which her friends are more or less obligated to say "No you are not! You are so pretty!"

In other words: "I try to be self-effacing, but I am not very good at it...." :)

Oh, and Brian, I am not saying I do, and I am not saying I don't, but what if I told you I did work for the government?

Thanks, you guys. I am afraid my comment, which was only meant to be fun, was a bit unfair. It was kind of like a teenage girl saying "Oh, I am sooo ugly," to which her friends are more or less obligated to say "No you are not! You are so pretty!"

In other words: "I try to be self-effacing, but I am not very good at it...." :)

Oh, and Brian, I am not saying I do, and I am not saying I don't, but what if I told you I did work for the government?

You're out of my life, the honeymoon is over.. ::

now, that's not true (as far as you know)... :)

Seriously, you're kidding me, right??

This site would not be the same without you!

You always dispense advice without judgement. Your contributions to the social aspect of this site are also a big part of what makes this site so special. Although we have never actually met, I consider you as a friend. I also know that I am far from the only one that feels that way.

No, I didn't miss the sarcasm of post 2674. Just not nuts about blind antigovernmetalism.

us_airforce.jpg

Just as I'm not nuts about blind statism. Although we should probably continue this conversation via PM before one or both of us gets banned for discussing serious issues on a forum based around how to get your grapes to rot optimally. :h

Just as I'm not nuts about blind statism. Although we should probably continue this conversation via PM before one or both of us gets banned for discussing serious issues on a forum based around how to get your grapes to rot optimally. :h

We are far from banning you. It is just that (like in a bar) one should not really discuss religion, politics, or the great pumpkin..

Discussions surrounded in winemaking can get heated enough and has it's own serious issues. Just make a post about how you like Welch's and you will quickly see what I mean!... :)

Latest posts

Back