What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking forward to trying a few by next weekend. For now, all I have is a small hole in the ground. The egg is on the back of the pickup.

View attachment 100637
UPDATE - Well, nobody showed up this week, so I built it myself.
Started with the "Little Black EGG" , good enough for a party of 20. :db
1682773058868.jpeg

Yesterday I had a taste for paprika, so I made a variation on a baked chicken-n-rice dish. Browned boneless chicken thighs in an ovenproof skillet. Added 1 large onion (minced) to soften, then equal parts brown rice, quinoa, and wild-n-long grain rice blend (not a mix). Added 1 Tbsp paprika, 1 tsp Costco nosalt season, 1/2 tsp seasoned salt, 1/4 tsp black pepper, 1 cup Chardonnay, and 2.5 cups water. Brought it to a boil, covered, and baked in a 325 F oven for 70 minutes.

I didn't add enough paprika -- next time I'll add at least 2 Tbsp. Not that it doesn't taste good, which is good, as there's enough here for at least 6 servings, so I have lunch for a few days.

When my mom made paprika chicken, she said that she added enough paprika that the chicken was uniformly red.

chicken paprikash.jpg

At the store today portabella mushrooms on sale. Time for stuffed mushrooms for supper. Maybe should have left them in the air fryer for a minute or two more to brown the cheese a bit more, but they were very tasty.

View attachment 100889View attachment 100890
If you are a blue cheese fan, Tomatoes, blue cheese, and balsamic vinegar makes a mean stuffed portabella.

If you are a blue cheese fan, Tomatoes, blue cheese, and balsamic vinegar makes a mean stuffed portabella.

I'm a big blue cheese fan and so is my wife, but she doesn't like vinegar on anything. I could drink it.

We were talking about using a mushroom as a pizza crust. Little bit of sauce, pepperoni, sausage, etc. Might just have to be something to try.

At the store today portabella mushrooms on sale. Time for stuffed mushrooms for supper. Maybe should have left them in the air fryer for a minute or two more to brown the cheese a bit more, but they were very tasty.
A diner I used to frequent did something similar -- they took spanakopita (spinach pie) filling (spinach, onions, feta, etc), mixed in about 1/3 ricotta, stuffed portobellas with it and baked. Next time I make spanakopita, I need to make extra and stuff a portabella.

The diner was owned by a family from the Mediterranean area, and it was counter service -- everything was on display in the counter, select what you want, and they dish it up. A woman in front of me asked for "Greek salad", which she got. As she walked away the owner (I got to know him a bit) looked at me and said, "We are Lebanese, but if she's buying, I don't care what she calls it," and he laughed. I loved his attitude. I was sad when they closed.

Snake River Farms Ribeye filet and a baked tater with a side salad (not shown). Been pulling these at 128F and they come out perfect as they rise to 135. Just a touch of red/pink. Added a dollop of gorgonzola butter on top.

View attachment 100902
That potato need some LOVE!

AKA butter....

Back