What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought this grill in 2004 and it came with a rotisserie that finally died about 18 years later, not bad at all. My first chicken cooked on the new, fairly cheap, generic rotisserie motor from Home Depot, and success. For the first time I marinated the entire bird in Stubbs Chicken marinade and it came out pretty good. Added Rice, Crook neck squash and my 2021 Chard. No pic of the plate cause my phone and laptop aren't agreeing currently on permissions on my own photos.
IMG_0185.jpg

@Kraffty, another foodie high! Tonight's dinner was chicken Marsala with steamed carrots. I used sweet Marsala and we found the sweetness of the carrots paired VERY nicely with the sauce.

View attachment 92536
I remember making chicken Marsala for the first time 2 years ago. I took a sip to try it, gave some to my wife to try. She said it tasted just like the 10 bottles of wine I threw out 2 days earlier. :( True story.

They were roasting so thought I would share a few pics of the process.
My jalapenos smoked up nice (plus a couple of NuMex ones as well). But I'd rather have what is in your picture!

Put a chipotle and a numex in the posole that's in the crockpot, can't wait to taste test later...

9-5-22_chipotle.jpg

There's just something hard to describe about the taste when you mix peaches, red onion and a bunch of jalapenos. Sweet and savory with a kick!

9-5-22_peach-salsa.jpg

A bowl of posole rojo for dinner. Used some of the peach salsa on top with some sour cream and cilantro. Really nice flavor, yum!

9-5-22_posole-rojo.jpg

Last edited:
The sun came out! We needed the rain, but it can get a bit depressing at times.

Picked up some fire sale ground pork (Hatfield), then stopped at the butcher for some freshly ground chuck. Decided to get the Weber Kettle fire up for some smoked meatloaf:
https://video.search.yahoo.com/sear...ew&id=52&vid=71245b53da5f8784e208b90e92b07421
Loosely followed this recipe. All dried herbs, didn't do the sauté thing with the veges. Took about an hour and tasted really good!

9-8-22_meatloaf-1.jpg

9-8-22_meatloaf-2.jpg

9-8-22_meatloaf-3.jpg

Simple prep and Yum!

Wifey and I the only ones for dinner, we thought. Son had an issue with his blood sugars, so he's at home and not doing the Friday night football game (band). It was suggested we haven't had stuffed peppers for a while, so whipped up a batch, turned out pretty well, at least taste wise.

9-9-22_stuffed-peppers.jpg

Followed this one pretty closely, added some ho-made tomato sauce in the bottom of the pan, par boiled green peppers vs. microwaving...used Monterey Jack instead of shredded monster cheese.

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchen/the-best-stuffed-peppers-7263055

Another recipe for the new flat top. Chicken and shrimp fried rice with vegetables. No real presentation, to make it easy I just put it all in a big bowl. It still was good and I’ll make it again. View attachment 92497View attachment 92498View attachment 92499
NICE!

Outdoor kitchen, or fancy bbq counter?

We had this slated for this year, but I don't have it pictured 100%, so it's gonna be a next spring priority.

Mind sharing pics of your set up so I can drool.... and steal ideas? 😋

Last edited:
So this happened a couple of days ago. I was told it was in stock in a local warehouse and 5 days away in early June. I picked it up Monday and installed it Tuesday.

Hands down the most delayed gratification item EVER, and likely my most indulgent purchase to date. I decided over 15 years ago I wanted a Bluestar, but I didn't want an upgrade worth half of the value of my home. Especially when it was a short term plan.

I didn't know of capital at the time and Bluestar has a heftier price tag unless you forego BTU. They play the game of higher BTU burners on the higher end models where Capital has 25K BTU burners all around, other than the simmer. The ease of cleaning was the real clincher. The hole thing pulls apart in seconds.

There is a learning curve for sure, though, but it's not what I expected. I was going to share it when I installed it and say I don't know what's for dinner, but I bet it will be burnt! 😄... My 2 hour install took 6 hours, and then I didn't burn a thing. The power is there, but it's controllable. Things cook in half the time.

I did smoke out the house with the wok last night, but that is because the hood fan doesn't extend over it. Might need a deeper one. The tribulations of buying in a pandemic. It was pretty well all that was available at the time.

Anyway! 15 years of wishing and I am one happy cook! A boil test was 25 minutes on the old range top and 9 minutes on this one. Giddy up!
IMG_20220906_153635.jpgIMG_20220906_192949.jpgIMG_20220906_153652.jpg

Pizza night...outdoor cook, finally. T-storms held off.

Gluten free offering...for my celiac son...

View attachment 92539

Margherita pizza for my daughter...

View attachment 92540

Pepperoni for her BF...

View attachment 92541

Pepperoni for my bride...

View attachment 92542

Proving I made the pizza (mushroom/pepperoni) and didn't add sauce until cooked (for Mike)...
Actually put the pan in the KettlePizza as it cooled below 700*F, did a nice 20 minute cook, smells wonderful!

View attachment 92543

Still too thick, but the burnt cheese is awesome!

View attachment 92544

Yes, I like my sauce. San Marzano from the garden, made the sauce last week. Yum!
Looks pro. Nice work!

So this happened a couple of days ago. I was told it was in stock in a local warehouse and 5 days away in early June. I picked it up Monday and installed it Tuesday.

Hands down the most delayed gratification item EVER, and likely my most indulgent purchase to date. I decided over 15 years ago I wanted a Bluestar, but I didn't want an upgrade worth half of the value of my home. Especially when it was a short term plan.

I didn't know of capital at the time and Bluestar has a heftier price tag unless you forego BTU. They play the game of higher BTU burners on the higher end models where Capital has 25K BTU burners all around, other than the simmer. The ease of cleaning was the real clincher. The hole thing pulls apart in seconds.

There is a learning curve for sure, though, but it's not what I expected. I was going to share it when I installed it and say I don't know what's for dinner, but I bet it will be burnt! 😄... My 2 hour install took 6 hours, and then I didn't burn a thing. The power is there, but it's controllable. Things cook in half the time.

I did smoke out the house with the wok last night, but that is because the hood fan doesn't extend over it. Might need a deeper one. The tribulations of buying in a pandemic. It was pretty well all that was available at the time.

Anyway! 15 years of wishing and I am one happy cook! A boil test was 25 minutes on the old range top and 9 minutes on this one. Giddy up!
View attachment 92816View attachment 92817View attachment 92818

Congrats! You are even making this Bluestar owner jealous! Very nice. 👍

I remember making chicken Marsala for the first time 2 years ago. I took a sip to try it, gave some to my wife to try. She said it tasted just like the 10 bottles of wine I threw out 2 days earlier. :( True story.
I'm not a snobby wine drinker, but I do have a few rules in the kitchen. You do not want to cook with a wine you wouldn't drink. Don't feel to bad about the throw away.

Back