What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These are shelf stable and come in all heat varieties. You can toss the bottle in the freezer once opened and then pull out as needed.

https://younggunsproduce.com/collections/spice-up/products/green-chile-36-oz-shelf-stable-jug
Assuming you have room in the freezer, lol!

That looks like a good late fall/winter option. Right now I have plenty of "Big Jim's" to go around, even have given 15 or so of my longest and straightest ones to Mary Ann, our Giant self serve checkout lady who was complaining that Giant didn't carry the larger chilies anymore (I gave her 3 plants from seed as well this Spring). She loves making rellenos, is doing an experiment pre-making them and freezing them.

Image of biggest one in the driveway, only 7" long, most of the ones I gave away were approaching a foot long. Didn't walk into the back yard, had my moccasins on and we had quite the downpour earlier. Most pods left on the plants are starting to show signs of reddening. I like to pick them green if I can.

8-30-22_big-jim.jpg

edit: I think I just found a new source for seeds!

https://www.sandiaseed.com/collections/hatch-chile-seeds

Last edited:
Assuming you have room in the freezer, lol!

That looks like a good late fall/winter option. Right now I have plenty of "Big Jim's" to go around, even have given 15 or so of my longest and straightest ones to Mary Ann, our Giant self serve checkout lady who was complaining that Giant didn't carry the larger chilies anymore (I gave her 3 plants from seed as well this Spring). She loves making rellenos, is doing an experiment pre-making them and freezing them.

Image of biggest one in the driveway, only 7" long, most of the ones I gave away were approaching a foot long. Didn't walk into the back yard, had my moccasins on and we had quite the downpour earlier. Most pods left on the plants are starting to show signs of reddening. I like to pick them green if I can.

View attachment 92272

edit: I think I just found a new source for seeds!

https://www.sandiaseed.com/collections/hatch-chile-seeds

Top 10 Hottest Pepper Seed Collection

Mrs WM81 wanted souvlaki tonight ... yeah, twist my arm. Marinated pork tenderloin, onion, and mushrooms for over 24 hours, then grilled. We love lamb, but cleaning a leg of lamb is a PITA. Pork tenderloin is soooo much easier, and it's quite delicious!

souvlaki.jpg

Mrs WM81 doesn't like grilled onion, so when it's just the 2 of us, I use 1 medium onion ... and it's mine, all mine! Bwa-ha-ha-ha!!!

Beautiful day in central PA! Wanted to make something that took a while to cook, but had too many errands to complete before heading home after work. Noticed I had a 12 oz can of albacore tuna in the pantry that was getting long in the tooth, so figured I'd do some burgers and dogs (daughter complained I haven't grilled burgers and dogs for several weeks), but wanted a somewhat healthier version of a burger since I've had a bit too much beef lately (and I'm getting beefier in the body).

Loosely followed this recipe, used GF ingredients for my Son, turned out really well! I have two left for breakfast and lunch tomorrow, yum!

https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/tuna-burgers/
9-1-22_tuna-burgers.jpg

Almost forgot, yesterday's dinner was a chili relleno casserole (son loves a good casserole). He loved it so much that there was only two small containers left for lunches this morning (it was a full lasagna pan of casserole to start with, lol).

8-31-22_relleno-casserole-1.jpg

8-31-22_relleno-casserole-2.jpg

That is the "law" for Detroit Style pizza. No sauce means the pie bakes up more like a bread should bake up. High and dry and the crust is not soggy in any way. All I can say is........

It works.

What is the reason you sauce after they're baked?

That is the "law" for Detroit Style pizza. No sauce means the pie bakes up more like a bread should bake up. High and dry and the crust is not soggy in any way. All I can say is........

It works.
I've seen loads of recipes for Detroit style pizza and they all have dollops of sauce on the very top, but added before baking. I did manage to find a few that call for adding the sauce after baking, but they are few and far between. My preference is a thin crust with toppings layers in traditional fashion.

Latest posts

Back