What's a good price per lb for blueberries ect.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UBB

Reaction score
Since I have no access to blueberries to pick around these parts I'm forced to buy some of my fruit from the local fruit market. I have been a little lucky as I have now on two occasions, found them discounting some ripe/overripe fruit.

I previously bought aprox. 35lbs of blackberries for $2/lb and today I picked up a little over 65lb's of blueberries for $1.47/lb.

said fruit is now in the freezer waiting to become wine.:d

Where I live in West Tennessee, I picked Blueberries this summer at a you pick-em farm, I paid $7.00 a gallon. If they pick them it $12.00 a gallon. I don't know if that is good or bad, but that's what it cost here.
Semper Fi

What kind of place sells blueberries by the gallon. I have never heard of that. I assume these are one gallon pails just like a five gallon bucket. Most places sell them by the quart.

I picked some this summer at a pick-your-own for $2.50 lb. Sounds like you're getting a deal to me. I started my blueberry yesterday.

The blueberry farm is on a honor system. They have one gallon buckets with a rope that goes around your neck. There is a box at the barn that you put your money in. I have never seen anyone their.
Semper Fi

I'm not sure where you are at but here in southwest Michigan we have a LOT of blueberries, we just picked Saturday and paid 1.45/lb they pick is slightly more, I would say anything around the two dollar mark and your doing okay

Latest posts

Back