Other What ya'll doin

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GaDawg

Reaction score
I know several of us make a post kit almost every year:sm. So what I would like to know is what other kits do you make on a regular basis? :br I make a Orchard Breezin watermelon every year for my friends that do not like wine. :hugI make the Winexpert Stag's Leap Merlot, some brand of Pinot Noir, Winery Series Super Tuscan and am still looking for a Gewurztraminer. So what are ya'll making?

Getting ready to make my third batch of Apricot ,Peach,Chardonnay. My grown childrin love this kit. Just bottled this week a Banana Pineapple for my son-in-law. Getting ready to start my second batch of Melbec for my son. I made 2 batches of VDV Merlot, thats my House Red. Have bulk aging a Eclipse Pinot Noir. My better half loves the Stags Leap Merlot. Bakervinyard

I will be bottling a Rockin raspberry tomorrow. Its for our pool guests, I wont be drinking it. My LE pinot noir is about half way done.

Lets see... I have a WE Trinity White waiting for me to get the urge to bottle it. WE Selection Brunello in the secondary. A freshly delivered Eclipse Dry Creek Chard waiting to be started this weekend. I have pre-ordered the WE Merlot Ho Ho which should ship in Sept. I'm thinking that will be a nice Christmas wine. I will also be making another batch of Orchard Breezin Strawberry Sensation. Like DrCad, I don't like the wine cooler sweet stuff, but my guests do.

Do you guys make them every year?

Sent from my iPad using Wine Making

So far, the only kit I've repeated was a 2012 Limited Release Red Mountain Trio from Cellar Craft. At some point in the next several months, I'll be making my 2nd Winery Series Super Tuscan and may repeat the Eclipse Sauv Blanc next year, depending on how some of my other white wines are coming along. I imagine the Red Mountain Cab will also be repeated.

I am not sure of what I will make in the fall. Need some whites. Right now I have these wines going:

Merlot 6.5 gallons
Amarone 18.5 gallons
Zinfandel 17 gallons (some of which will be blended with the Muscat)
Muscat 6 gallons (some of which will be blended with the Zinfandel)
Sauvignon Blanc 5.5 gallons
Super Tuscan (50% Cab Sauv, 25% Merlot, 25% Sangiovese, co-fermented) 18 gallons
Cabernet Sauvignon 6 gallons
Cab-Merlot (67% Cab Sauv, 33% Merlot co-fermented)
Sangiovese 5 gallons
Pinot Grigio 5 gallons

100_0717.jpg

100_0715.jpg

100_0716.jpg

As soon as I get back to my swine cave in Bama I am making a cab/blackberry blend an then perhaps a trinity white. I have never had a tw and I hope it will be close to the old coastal white.

Make that " wine cave "!

Last edited:
Rocky, you da man!!!

Sent from my iPad using Wine Making

After the peach DB variation I'll be stating in a few weeks (going on vacation) I've got to kits planned. Going to do a low end Merlot, either RJS or WE, but tweaked with a left over grape skin pack and probably some raisin and/or banana in the secondary. Close on the heels of the Merlot will be a Riesling kit tweaked to make it a Peach Riesling. I believe both the Merlot and Riesling will wind up a little off dry.

I have few kits I turn to regularly. However, I have made the WE Eclipse Riesling, the WE Eclipse Barolo, and the WE Eclipse Gewurztraminer twice each. Have you ever noticed that sometimes we really like a wine our friends don't especially care for and sometimes we think a wine is OK but our friends go GaGa over it?

The Gewurz is in the second category. Many of our friends think it's the greatest! It's a very pleasant wine with light spicy notes. I don't filter mine but age it long enough that it is very clear. They like it probably because it goes great with light appetizers and is great cold even by itself.

NS

I have the limited edition Chenin blanc/rousanne, cellar craft cru select Barolo, toasted caramel port, and island mist blueberry pinto noir all on deck. Right now aging limited edition grand red, wash. Cab/merlot, wineexpert rq Pinot noir, and angel blanco for the pool gang, in carboys. Primitivo is in the neutral barrel getting close to coming out and considering whether to age that with more oak before bottling.

I need to hurry up and finish the on deck kits so hubby will let me buy more I wanna try the grape skin gsm, and the limited Pinot Grigio, limited petit Verdot, angianico, volcanic red and wanna try a Malbec with grape skins but my super Tuscan is running out and that turned into a pretty good wine. So I need to get some more aging.

Last edited:
Back