What would You do if you were me????

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That explains many people I know.....

LoL. Same here, I love it..

The marbles are a great idea, I am going to get some just to have another back up plan. They may even help from picking up as much sediment when racking off the gross lees. Hmm., another experiment. Maybe I do over think,... I'll have to give it some thought.

Just be careful when dropping marbles in a glass vessel that it does not break it. It happened to me -

You can take a stocking and gently lower them in so they don't hit the bottom soo hard

Just be careful when dropping marbles in a glass vessel that it does not break it. It happened to me -

You can take a stocking and gently lower them in so they don't hit the bottom soo hard

Wow!!! I just realized that on my first racking Off of the gross lees, which I usually do manually, and placing a book under one side of the carboy(tilting), @ 3/4 thru the process, and using a small flashlight to see when I'm starting to draw up the lees in dark wines, the AllInOne, would actually make this easier because I could just lift the racking cane, let the lees settle then re-insert the cane and automatically start the racking instead of re-siphoning again, (picking up less sediment).

So now I will use my AllInOne from start to finish. No need for marbles, no need for argon, the AllInOne , Racks, Degasses, and Eliminates headspace with the "Head Space Eliminator". This all being made possible just from the " All In One " vacuum pump.

I'll just save the stocking and use it when making my "worm tea" for my gardening.

The winner was dralarms.

Names were written, folded, and placed in a container, shaken, and drawn by another person. Everyone was a winner because all answers were great ones and I used each. Used headspace elininator, topped up, and argon and bought Wine kits.
I really enjoyed the answers they made me think, always have a backup!!

The winner was dralarms.

Names were written, folded, and placed in a container, shaken, and drawn by another person. Everyone was a winner because all answers were great ones and I used each. Used headspace elininator, topped up, and argon and bought Wine kits.
I really enjoyed the answers they made me think, always have a backup!!

You disappoint me sir...:ft

You disappoint me sir...:ft

Lol. I truly understand, often times I disappoint myself.

My bet was that, the winner would live in the Northern U.S. Your post has made me realize, while I do like fruit wines, (adding sugars), my true Joy in wine is and will always lie within the grape.

Your post, (which was my favorite), has me looking into purchasing a crusher/de-stemmer and a press. Oh yes, and coffee... Thanks again for the nudge.

So the BEST POST AWARD goes to :db -----JohnT-----:db

Latest posts

Back