WHAT WAS YOUR FAVOITE GIFT FROM SANTA

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wade said:
Very nice, is it a barrel end? vcasey, what dont you like about it? I was dreading making the change but must say it did all the work for me unlike XP where it would take hours to load everything. I hate change so me liking this was a shocker! I have to get use to this new keyboard and mouse pad though. The keyboard will just take a little time but the mouse pad isnt as good IMO.

It's just slower at times then (dare I say) even Vista was before I nuked it. I really think it's just my computer which is 5 years old and as much as I whine (although wine helps) I would really love for this to hold together for another 6 months. Hubby and son #1 have the IPAD 2 and love it. Son #2 told me to hold off for the 3 and the Iphone 5 so I'm waiting,
In the mean time my fav new toy are these handy little gadgets. Can anyone guess what they are?
11bo421194_Desktop_Resolution.jpg

Harmonic Dampers(for a road bike) by Bontrager..........</span>
</span>What do I win Don Pardo!</span>
</span>
</span>PS: I used to ride and race for almost 15 years till this old body started falling apart! Still have both of my road bikes (Kestrel and Quintana Roo) as well as a Specialized mountain bike.</span>
</span>So do they work!?</span>

I can tell a difference, especially riding around the neighborhood and its pretty nice not to feel the jarring in my elbows even though the bike shop says its all in my mind. Have you looked into riding recumbents? I'm told they are a lot easier on the body and are very popular around here.
Love my Trek Lexa road bike but am looking at the recumbents for some multi day excursions

Whats your fork made of? Mine are both carbon fiber on the road bikes. They were always very smooth rides for sure. Especially the Kestrel as it was CF body and fork. The QR was Aluminum frame (2.2lbs) and CF fork. The Kestrel weighed in around 21lbs and the QR was about 20lbs. They are dinosaurs these days compared to current technology!
I don't think I could ever be seen on a recumbent after racing for so many years! The main reason I don't ride anymore is that I was (successfully) treated for prostate cancer 3 years ago. My PSA numbers are still falling towards "0". I know for a fact that they would start rising if I started riding again. That would freak me out to the point of it not being any fun for not knowing if it was the bike or something else going on.
Perhaps someday though, I may ease back into it. We have miles and miles of beautiful open roads (with lots of big hills) and relatively free of traffic compared to the big city anyways.
It's callingfor sure!

Aluminum body with a carbon fiber fork and seat post, it was a Christmas
gift last year to myself. When I first started riding again I picked up
a "Walmart Special" 35 lb. monster I could barely lift after a 30 mile
ride. The Lexa is 18 lb. and a dream to ride, but I am really looking at
the recumbents because I can't get hubby to ride more then an hour and I
think the sling style seat maybe more comfortable. We live 5 min. from a
46 mile long bike trail with several side trails and minimum clipping
and unclipping. Oh and a winery just off the trail!

lexaslx_whitesilver_Desktop_Resolution.jpg

Here ismy kind of"bike ridin"
smiley4.gif

http://www.winemakingtalk.com/images/uploads/1185/DSCN0625_Small.JPG[/img]

vc, I never had Vista, went from XP to this and although the Ghz are very similar I went from a Pentium 4 to a dual core so maybe all the speed is right there. Must say its at least 3 times faster.

Wade said:
vc, I never had Vista, went from XP to this and although the Ghz are very similar I went from a Pentium 4 to a dual core so maybe all the speed is right there. Must say its at least 3 times faster.

Everyone else in the family loves 7, so I think it's just me. However it really is noticeably slower on my computer. Setting everything up on a new computer is a pain but fun as well, hope you're having fun taking your new toy out for a spin!

Latest posts

Back