What type of toast if soaking in liquor?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skyfire322

Reaction score
So I'm thinking I want to soak some oak cubes in scotch for my next batch just for a kiss of peet-y smokiness. I've never soaked oak in liquor before so I wasn't sure if a neutral oak would be better. If it helps, I am planning on dropping in a M+ spiral during the last month of bulk aging.

So I'm thinking I want to soak some oak cubes in scotch for my next batch just for a kiss of peet-y smokiness. I've never soaked oak in liquor before so I wasn't sure if a neutral oak would be better. If it helps, I am planning on dropping in a M+ spiral during the last month of bulk aging.
Hi, I just got some American med toast oak chips and was told to soak them in Vodka how did yours work out in the Scotch and how long can we leave it in there??? I put mine in the Fridge in a mason jar.

Hi, I just got some American med toast oak chips and was told to soak them in Vodka how did yours work out in the Scotch and how long can we leave it in there??? I put mine in the Fridge in a mason jar.
After some thought, I ended up switching to whiskey. It actually turned out really good! I let it soak for a little over a week.

Back