What size stopper

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mjdtexan

Reaction score
What size stopper goes in those darn 4 liter wine jugs. The ones that accept the airlocks.

Hi Mjdtexan, I use a "6" stopper for the 4 liter jugs - same size fits the 1 gallon jugs too.

pelican said:
Hi Mjdtexan, I use a "6" stopper for the 4 liter jugs - same size fits the 1 gallon jugs too.

Thank You, I am gonna make my first order with George tomorrow. I aught to, I use his forum enough
smiley4.gif

Side note, I got my first eggs today from my chickens

So, Are you gonna use those egg whites to clear the wine? LOL
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif

tepe said:
So, Are you gonna use those egg whites to clear the wine? LOL
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif

I doubt that I will use those two particular eggs. I have 20 pullets (young hens for those of you in rio linda) that turned 20 weeks old today. I had just come in from shutting their pop door when I posted the question about the stoppers. They are supposed to start laying eggs when they are around 20 weeks. Do people really put egg whites in their wine, now that I think about it, I dont think I could do it. Do you stir it up or just drop an egg white in there?

Egg whites can be used for fining - I think Tepe has a thread on this here somewhere, but if you are going to do gallon batches, it's a bit tough using the egg thing as one egg white is good for "a lot" of gallons -- but

Seriously yeah, it's a time-honored old time fining ingredient, along with Ox Blood which I probably won't be using myself!
smiley11.gif

I appreciate the answers. I finally ordered some stuff from ole George. I really needed a carboy brush, when I made my first order (somewhere else) I for some reason did not get the carboy brush. Got myself one of dem dere 3 gallon carboys too. Even got myself 10 airlocks for those one gallon batches. Thanks Mr George.

Latest posts

Back