What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We’re waiting for the bad news...
My wife is a physical therapist assistant. I learned a LONG time ago that recreational massage feels good while it being done, while therapeutic massage feels good after it stops.

Last night was therapeutic ......

End of the first season for my Zinfandel vines. Cropped regularly of all shoots and fruit to concentrate on the primary cordons. All 18 seem healthy and leaves are starting to change color so it's time for them to sleep for the winter soon. Come on Spring!
View attachment 107284
This is a Canadian in February waiting for Arizona winter....
1699568324849.png

View attachment 107541
Opening day of gun deer season here in WI. I didn’t actually plan on hunting but I finished the shingles on the addition the other day holding a flashlight in my teeth. Windows and doors are coming on Tuesday so I should have it buttoned up by next weekend.

Good luck! I heard two go down this morning from my deck.

Time for a little celebration.

When the original results were in for the American Wine Society Competition it didn't have me as winning a single medal. Evidently the list wasn't complete.
I got 2 gold which were both 1/2 point off by one judge for winning double gold, 2 silver and 5 bronze. They shorted me one silver medal.

The best surprise the PV winning Best of Class for Best Mixed.

Attachments

• 2023 Competition Results.jpg
    2023 Competition Results.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • Pages from 2023 AWC All Results_Final.pdf
    658.5 KB · Views: 0

When the original results were in for the American Wine Society Competition it didn't have me as winning a single medal. Evidently the list wasn't complete.
I got 2 gold which were both 1/2 point off by one judge for winning double gold, 2 silver and 5 bronze. They shorted me one silver medal.

Well done Fred!

That's a great showing (and frankly, not surprising). Congrats, Fred!

Today I started a 2 gallon batch of plain Kombucha.

Recipe:
  • 4 cups scoby liquid
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 10 Tbs. loose tea leaves
  • * 5 Tbs. Green Tea
  • * 5 Tbs. Black Tea
  • * Steeped 15 minutes
  • Water to fill jar
Let it *brew*/*ferment* for 2 weeks.
Bottle it and let that sit for 2 weeks.
Refrigerate bottles and enjoy.
This is not Hard Kombucha; I already have too many bottles of that! :)

Today I stored the kiwi in grass to make it ripe for wine making.
After that Me and my grandmother harvested millet, didnt finish much but tomorrow will finish it may be. And this photo is taken during break while working on millet field.E46EFCDD-A70E-4D66-A46A-9807C31CFB05.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Today I started a 2 gallon batch of plain Kombucha.

Recipe:
  • 4 cups scoby liquid
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 10 Tbs. loose tea leaves
  • * 5 Tbs. Green Tea
  • * 5 Tbs. Black Tea
  • * Steeped 15 minutes
  • Water to fill jar
Let it *brew*/*ferment* for 2 weeks.
Bottle it and let that sit for 2 weeks.
Refrigerate bottles and enjoy.
This is not Hard Kombucha; I already have too many bottles of that! :)
51911C3B-DD8B-406D-BA49-5A9F03A02A0D.jpeg
Is this leave that you used? Tea leaves and tea flower (it turned black after sun drying)

Attachments

• AAF29051-EEC3-4D34-854F-6FF2B26B1C87.jpeg
    AAF29051-EEC3-4D34-854F-6FF2B26B1C87.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
I have been neglecting my winemaking but, hey, winemaking IS a procrastinator's hobby! I need to bottle some so I have room to start more with the 2 kits on deck as well as all the fruit taking up space in my freezer.

Work has been crazy. I have some PTO coming up, but still have to finish some house projects as we are having company over several times this month.

Hopefully I will have more fun (i.e. wine related) stuff to post soon! "I worked until midnight trying to clean up a report" doesn't feel like it fits here.

Back