What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you have more info on the IUP event? If the weather holds up I could probably make that journey!

The show goes from 11 to 8 and is held at the Kovalchick Center. Tickets are only 15 per person (but check Groupon first). I think there will be 11 wineries or so there at one time. Plus its supposed to be in the mid 50's....

The show goes from 11 to 8 and is held at the Kovalchick Center. Tickets are only 15 per person (but check Groupon first). I think there will be 11 wineries or so there at one time. Plus its supposed to be in the mid 50's....

Would still be something to do. Mostly groundhog trail wineries?

Would still be something to do. Mostly groundhog trail wineries?

here is the winery and vendor list:

Winery Line-Up (as of February 5th)
  • Bee Kind Winery
  • Buddy Boy Winery & Vineyards
  • Bushy Run Winery
  • Country Winery & Vineyard
  • Fractured Grape Wine Cellars
  • Happy Valley Vineyard & Winery
  • Juniata Valley Winery
  • La Vigneta Winery
  • Mazzotta Winery
  • Nectar Valley Winery
  • Olivero's Vineyard
  • Pittsburgh Winery
  • Reece Winery
  • Starr Hill Vineyard & Winery by My Garden
  • The Vineyard at Hershey
  • University Wine Company
Shopping Vendors (as of February 5th)

• All-State Insurance
  • Clover Creek Cheese Cellar
  • Ellen Hailwood - Medium
  • Little Dippers
  • LulaRoe
  • Margie's Fashions
  • Mary Kay Cosmetics
  • Norwex
  • Scentsy
  • Sundance Getaways
  • The Bacon Boys
  • Thirty-One Gifts
  • Tupperware
  • Weavers Creations by Maria
  • Younique

Tonight I am going to be racking a 5 gallon batch of Shiraz and 5 gallon batch of chardonnay before I bottle tomorrow / next day.

Playing musical carboys. Just when I have enough I turn around and buy another kit or two then Im off to buy more carboys! Viscous cycle!:sh

here is the winery and vendor list:

Winery Line-Up (as of February 5th)
  • Bee Kind Winery
  • Buddy Boy Winery & Vineyards
  • Bushy Run Winery
  • Country Winery & Vineyard
  • Fractured Grape Wine Cellars
  • Happy Valley Vineyard & Winery
  • Juniata Valley Winery
  • La Vigneta Winery
  • Mazzotta Winery
  • Nectar Valley Winery
  • Olivero's Vineyard
  • Pittsburgh Winery
  • Reece Winery
  • Starr Hill Vineyard & Winery by My Garden
  • The Vineyard at Hershey
  • University Wine Company
Shopping Vendors (as of February 5th)

• All-State Insurance
  • Clover Creek Cheese Cellar
  • Ellen Hailwood - Medium
  • Little Dippers
  • LulaRoe
  • Margie's Fashions
  • Mary Kay Cosmetics
  • Norwex
  • Scentsy
  • Sundance Getaways
  • The Bacon Boys
  • Thirty-One Gifts
  • Tupperware
  • Weavers Creations by Maria
  • Younique

Should be a decent event judging from the fact that there are more wineries than other vendors. Sounds to be promoted more as a wine event than the first.

MY KEG CAME TODAY!! I can't do anything with it quite yet... but... IT'S HERE!!! and 3 more kits to fiddle with. Racked the Riesling & Apple/Riesling to secondaries and bottled the pinot noir so I had room in a 6 gallon carboy. I swear I had more 6's... I think the 6s had a baby. Is that where 1, 3, and 5 gallon carboys come from? because I definitely have extra 5s I don't know where they came from!

Having a glass of my Black Forest started in September 2014, bottled October 2015 note to self could stand some more oaking. Still a lil hot but by next Christmas will be excellent for gifting!:db

The washer broke last night. It was the coupler between the motor and the transmission, which has broken ~3 times previously. (It is a ~20-yr old washer.) I slept in, then after breakfast, disassembled the washer, out to the parts store, back, replaced the part, and washing again by 10:30. :db Beautiful day and the rest is gravy!

Surprise break in the cold weather and my injured hand has been healing nicely... So I've been up in the garage attic continuing the insulation job that got interrupted when I tried to cut my thumb off with a box cutter.:( I'm in my early seventies, I think when I reach my eighties I'm going to have to start hiring professionals to do these home improvement projects. :( [My wife insists I should have starting doing that 10 years ago. :ft]

Bought a treadmill. Then went on an outdoor run. :? :h

(it's 60F here today)

Also went on a Trader Joe's run. My beloved $16.99 Amarone was all gone. :( I did find an Aglianico for $5.99 though. I have low expectations, but you never know. Picked up some new Zins as well to continue comparing mine to commercial versions (after Easter).

Last edited:
Too nice not to grill (just hitting 60*F here, easily sweatshirt with the sleeves pulled up weather). Haven't got the Weber out for a while, so sprung for some Kingsford Mesquite briquettes after going to a skills session for my Sons' baseball league. Did some burgers on the Smokey Joe for the kids and used the remaining embers to start up the mother load for the smoker. Found a cheap roasting chicken to boot.

2-20-16_weber_chicken-1.jpg

spent the day recovering from a 11 to 8 wine show on saturday at our alma mater college. We were able to use my wife's sorority sister and her husband and son and our daughter made an appearance to serve wine also. We quickly sold out of Fredonia and our Cabernet Franc (we put a dark German chocolate bar in for 2 months before bottling. People heard that and it flew off the shelves). Our Diamond and Colonel Bouquet (a Niagara/Fredonia/Catawba blend) also sold out later in the day. Out of 27 cases, we brought home about 3 cases with 3 cases as tasters. It was a good, but long day. Time to produce more of our Battlefield Blush (Concord/niagara blend) and get our General Braddock (Fredonia/Catawba blend) backsweetened and into bottles.

Playing pool and enjoying Cabernet Sauvignon, racking wine, bottling, starting new kits, enjoying every moment, because tomorrow, :sh it hits the fan again.:sh

Because of the "balmy " Feb.weather for the Okanagan, I started spring cleaning. And then spent the remainder of the afternoon playing Xbox lol

Back