What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Racked the 2013 CA Petit Sirah from the barrel. Then gave the 2014 Chilean Cab/Merlot a 'cleansing' rack to get it off the fine sediment and then moved that into the barrel. Got everything cleaned up, and put foils and labels on the CC LR Tempranillo Garnacha. Heading over to a neighbors shortly to help him move some big items into his moving truck. Then lunch and movies with the kiddos, followed by mowing the lawn. Then, I think I'll fall over and take a nap. :)

Off work today, going to hang out with my 7 y/o and also try to do some SO2 tests on my Chilean wines...Maybe get the bike out since it is going up to 65 today. A ride with her may be in order as weather will be turning cold again very shortly.

conducted a wine tasting from my personal stash for some new friends. Tomorrow I get to do my civic duty and attend jury duty...

Racked and back sweetened my first DB, and racked my Amerone Kit to secondary... Both taste sooo good!

Scored an excellent deal today on wine/beer supplies.

As I have mentioned, we are working with Habitat for Humanity to build our home. Part of the deal is that the hubby and I do 150 hours of labor each, 100 in construction.

So for our other 50 hours we volunteered at the ReStore (kinda like Goodwill but for Habitat.)

So on a donation, a bunch of wine/beer supplies came in. Not knowing what they were, the workers in receiving threw them in the dumpster. When my hubby saw them, he immediately pulled them out and asked the supervisor to price them.

We got 2 ale pails w/spigots, 1 without, l lid, a bottle filler, 2 beer bottle cappers, 100 caps, a floating thermometer, a hydrometer, 2 carboy brushes, 4 airlocks, and some ez cap bottles for $10!!!!! Soooo glad my hubby caught that!

Came back from Calgary, put my feet up and shared a bottle(ok,maybe 2) of wine with friends.

We toasted the fact that hubby and I survived babysitting a teething 9 month old for almost 2 weeks. And yes I would do it again!

Got the OK from my doctor to start transitioning back to work! Woot! I've been off since Canadian Thanksgiving, so it will be really nice to head back.

Also have strep throat, but hey, can't all be good news, right?!?

I have been bulk aging some Barbera made from frozen must. The product is from a company called Vino Superiore. They import organic frozen must from Italy. A bit pricey but the product is quite good. Today I started cold precipitation.

Flying home from a conference in Orlando. NOT looking forward to moving into the polar vortex. :ft

JURY DUTY is DONE!!! I was able to meet some very nice people on my jury with me and a couple were nice enought to sample some of my wines afterward. My son is going to see his friends back at college, so the wife and I get the tv and all the pizza and wine to ourselves tonight.

Now I'm off to prepare for bottle some Pee.....

JURY DUTY is DONE!!! I was able to meet some very nice people on my jury with me and a couple were nice enought to sample some of my wines afterward. My son is going to see his friends back at college, so the wife and I get the tv and all the pizza and wine to ourselves tonight.

Now I'm off to prepare for bottle some Pee.....

Did you take wine with you or invite them over. Guess it was in the car from Tuesday...

Yesterday I received my paper chromatography kit from Presque Isle Winery. Here is the initial test results from the wines I want to do a MLF on. Today I'll splash rack in hopes of driving off some of the SO2 and then pitch the MLB.

1416147932335.jpg

I've been going through old pics on our various computers today. The problem with the digital age is you take too damn many pictures. I need to get better (or more ruthless) with choosing which ones are keepers. I'm trying to purge all the junk and keep only the good/meaningful stuff. I'll hopefully be setting up a NAS in the near future with backup and I only want to bring over stuff that we really want. Also hit the farmer's market and the grocery store earlier. I have some tomato sauce simmering now. Next up is getting a batch of bread dough started and making brownies with the kids. Then making chicken parm for dinner.

Latest posts

Back