What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What toy does that?

I would think any of the cricut machines, but Roy just bought me the Cricut Explorer. You basically just cut everything out and then put it together. This one took 2 hours or so but I would think once you get the hang of it, the time would go down. Well thats what I am hoping anyway.

I would think any of the cricut machines, but Roy just bought me the Cricut Explorer. You basically just cut everything out and then put it together. This one took 2 hours or so but I would think once you get the hang of it, the time would go down. Well thats what I am hoping anyway.

I was thinking Cricut, but wasn't sure. Very pretty BTW.

I love my Cricket. I don't have many cartridges, but I am able to hook it to the laptop to make custom cutouts.

Finally a calm day. I carefully sprayed the vineyard with glyphosate. I'd be very surprised if I hit any of the vines. I was painstakingly slow going by hand. I have no alternative against this damn mallow that is taking over. Now that my trellis poles are in I have to get grass planted.

Taking Sam swimming

IMG_2270.JPG

Today is a rainy Sunday so a perfect time to catch up on necessary winery chores. Racked 18 carboys of Chilean reds and washed and de-labeled 6 cases of bottles. The Chilean reds are excellent! This year when I bought the juice buckets, i hit them with a pretty good dose of k-meta then inoculated the juice with a starter of RC-212 yeast. this in an effort to preserve some aromas. I am happy to say that it worked! I can certainly tell the varietal by the aroma, in the past, they all smelled alike. I believe this yeast choice is making a big difference in this years wine!

I didnt get much work on the house done today due to intermittent rain. It was still a very productive weekend. About 4:00 I went to the cellar and filtered 36 gallons of last year PA juices. Most were blends. Will likely bottle this week...

Brought the bike out to the dealership for first service. Hoping to make it home before the rain starts...may try to bottle some blends this afternoon.

After getting back from taking the bike for service appt and after I finished working for the day I started bottling those wines which were filtered yesterday. I managed to get 26 gallons bottled. I now have a dilemma, I have more empty carboys than I have full.

Im definately looking forward to local stuff. Going to concentrate on seyval, vidal, diamond, reisling and a few others. I have a stock built up so I want to go for some higher end stuff. I get the chilean reds, may pick up one or 2 italian pails and try mlf on them. Any local reds I get I may also get grapes and do a combination.

Im definately looking forward to local stuff. Going to concentrate on seyval, vidal, diamond, reisling and a few others. I have a stock built up so I want to go for some higher end stuff. I get the chilean reds, may pick up one or 2 italian pails and try mlf on them. Any local reds I get I may also get grapes and do a combination.

Good luck, most of the Vidal in the region died along with a good deal of the reds. I'm sure what is left, will be scooped up by the wineries. They are already buying juice from Oregon due to lack of crop.

racked the Diamond (still dropping crystals) and back sweetening it too. Added some Orange/Pineapple concentrate to 6 gallons of Moscato. Getting ready to backsweeten and bottle the Cranberry Pomegranate.

Ripped off my local Meijer store by getting $209.66 worth of goods for $60.74. This included enough Old Orchard frozen juice concentrate for 5 gal apple/cherry and 5 gal apple/passion/mango batches. Guess what I'm doing tomorrow?

Latest posts

Back