What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had myself a close call today. Seal on the pipe failed and washed out a big hole right beside the diesel tanks tire. A couple more second of water flow and she would have rolled. Lucky for me I cranked up the Murphy switches for all the pumps, that way if this very scenario happened the pump would turn its self off. Before it would have run till somebody turned it off. Some days past plowboy really looks out for me. Other days, not so much. Lol

6y3anuve.jpg

Got the South African Shiraz Cab and the Monastrell-Petit Verdot racked from secondary and stabilized.

Just my day

I bottled me-self some Blueberry Dragon Blood (Ye olde Blue Blood) this afternoon after I came home from the Express Care. My German Shepard dog likes to carry around the rocks (large rocks) my wife puts around her flower beds. She left a 5 pounder out in the yard just off the deck steps and I went out in the dark barefooted to get some wine bottles from storage and gave it a good swift kick. Instant broken toe:sh. And of course I waited 4 days before I decided , after much swelling and a lot of pain, that perhaps I did more than stub that toe. Spent 5 hours doing that so pretty mu:sh:shch a wasted day.... except for the Blue Blood of course.

Busy day, and its not even over @ 3AM. *le sigh* I picked up a small chest freezer to convert into a keezer for the Hubby's home brew and most of the parts I need at Lowes. I had to go ahead and bottle my quad-berry DB so I could move some carboys off the kitchen table to remove the table leaf. All this so we had sufficient space for his keezer. TBH, I'll prolly carb up some SP and keep that on tap too.

Now I'm cleaning house as my pops-in-law will be spending the weekend here while we work a wedding in Cincinnati.

IDK IG I'm looking more forward to the wedding/ paycheck or picking up carboys and things from Craigslist & kegging equipment @ the Corny keg place.

Anyway, back to house cleaning. *le sigh* once more.

Busy day, and its not even over @ 3AM. *le sigh* I picked up a small chest freezer to convert into a keezer for the Hubby's home brew and most of the parts I need at Lowes. I had to go ahead and bottle my quad-berry DB so I could move some carboys off the kitchen table to remove the table leaf. All this so we had sufficient space for his keezer. TBH, I'll prolly carb up some SP and keep that on tap too.

Now I'm cleaning house as my pops-in-law will be spending the weekend here while we work a wedding in Cincinnati.

IDK IG I'm looking more forward to the wedding/ paycheck or picking up carboys and things from Craigslist & kegging equipment @ the Corny keg place.

Anyway, back to house cleaning. *le sigh* once more.

Sparkling Skeeter Pee is yummy....

Just checked the ph and ta from my 2013 Elderberry. Ph was 3.41 and ta was .758% I can live with that. I think it may be time to back sweeten to 1.002 and get into some bottles.

Heading over to Boardman Ohio in a little bit. Nice day for a ride on the bike..

Sipping what didn't fit into bottles from my first batch of homemade limoncello. It is already smoother and has better flavor than the store bought stuff.

I have 3/4 gallon of that in the cellar that I need to bottle. It's a year old.

My gosh, man! How do you keep it around that long?

I need to stock up on Everclear. It's illegal here in VA, and word is neighboring Maryland will be banning its sale soon. I'm going to do an orangecello next.

Ahh yes everclear. Only place you can get it in Canada is Alberta. One reason in a list as long as my arm why Alberta is the best province

Finishing my trellises. I have the posts all back filled and solid. I put up the H-brace supports earlier this week and did all the wires for them today. Now I can finally string my wires.

ImageUploadedByWine Making1406321394.780906.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

Got the Chilean Cab/Merlot racked and stabilized this morning. Headed to the DMB show tonight. :r

Patching and repairing dry wall in my bathroom (I don't like taping or compound joint)

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

So how much Amalyse Enzyme did you guys use for a 5gal skittles batch? Package is lacking instructions and I'm too lazy to google it lol

Latest posts

Back