What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
spent today with our two sons and wives and our only grand son 10 months old ,he is soo sweet and pleasant, love him ,had a great day but was i glad to sit down and enjoy a glass turning into a few glasses of wine.lol

After a nice Christmas spent with my family and the inlaws, I learned a very important lesson: not to drink while addressing present labels. After 2 bottles of wine, I was tasked with addressing and applying the labels for my kids presents. Unfortunately my son ended up with a nice mini skirt and my daughter ended up with some computer parts (both of which went over like a fart in church on Christmas morning).

After limping around the past few weeks I finally went and got my foot x-ray'd.....Son of a Bi**h if it isn't fractured....grrrrrrrr.... I can only hope that next year starts better than this one is ending...LOL
Now I'm stuck for a min. of 2-3 weeks in this big ole boot up to my knees....ok...I vented....I feel better!

Me and my family did something a little special this year - we spent the last 2 days at an indoor water park and theme park as we had large Buffett meals and all.

For the first time my boys left the phones in their rooms !!

Thanks Steve

After limping around the past few weeks I finally went and got my foot x-ray'd.....Son of a Bi**h if it isn't fractured....grrrrrrrr.... I can only hope that next year starts better than this one is ending...LOL
Now I'm stuck for a min. of 2-3 weeks in this big ole boot up to my knees....ok...I vented....I feel better!

Oh boo for that Tom! I hope it heals quickly and well.
:b

Thanks!...it will be my new excuse for everything for the next few weeks...LMAO! It's ironic, now that I actually know that there is something wrong with the foot, it seems like I feel it more.....

Starting 2 batches of Skeeter Pee (the Easy Peesy recipe) and hoping to bottle the Seyval Blanc and Tempernillo if the Chief Bottler gets back from his college apartment. Then we need to sanitize more bottles in preparation for some of the blending that will take place....

I did not do this today but yesterday, I went out on my nephews 17,000 acre hunting preserve. It is in the deep south. They have it to entertain customers in the building industry.

Deer are there like cattle on a ranch. Plenty of them and I saw some spectacular ones. My nephew and his helper said we didn't see much. I sure did. I am not a hunter but if I were, I could have had a trophy for sure.

Today, I racked a riesling and cleaned up some other carboys and stuff.

I made a big pot of split pea soup using some nice smoked ham hocks I found at the local grocery then I started a 3-4 gallon batch of fermented hot pepper sauce then I decided to start a batch of RayWays Apricot-Habanero jelly. The apricots are rehydrating and I will finish the batch tomorrow. I hope I like it, I multiplied the recipe by six.

Well it would seem like I had my first blond moment in wine making. A couple months back I made a spiced apple and the recipe called for a 1/2 teaspoon of peptic enzyme. Didn't think too much of it till today. It seems to have stopped clearing. Well turners out I should have used 2-1/2 teaspoons after consulting my notes on everything else I have made and the packaging. Duhhhh

So I dumped the missing 2 teaspoons in so hopefully it's a better late than never deal. I know I have read on here but can't remember and don't have the gumpshun to find it lol

I made a big pot of split pea soup using some nice smoked ham hocks I found at the local grocery then I started a 3-4 gallon batch of fermented hot pepper sauce then I decided to start a batch of RayWays Apricot-Habanero jelly. The apricots are rehydrating and I will finish the batch tomorrow. I hope I like it, I multiplied the recipe by six.

Hey PJD, that's commitment! Lol.
Seriously, people go nuts over the stuff - I hope you have the same experience! Remember to leave seeds in if you want to pack more of a punch.

I'm going to Longwood Gardens today:
114038.jpg

I just got back from a week visit to my Daughters house, just north of Charlotte, NC.
The weather was 70 degrees the Sunday before Christmas.
(still didn't get my Muscadine grape juice.) I did meet up with my daughters neighbor. He works for Duke power, and his job is to patrol the shoreline of lake Norman. He mentioned seeing lots and lots of wild Muscadines on the lake. Planning a trip back next harvest season...;)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back