What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The timber framing is coming along nicely. I’m working on the top plates now. Each half is 20 feet long and joins eight other pieces. they are joined with a scarf Joint with two tenons (shown). It took me almost two hours to lay out the joinery and six to cut the whole timber. With these you measure 5x before cutting. I don’t have many spares.
View attachment 85700

Very impressive!

Filtering strawberry rhubarb, it was impressive what a #3 pad does on yeast cells.
View attachment 85752
Will have to decide what goes into 2022 contest by the end of the month. , , ,
That looks good. I'm trying to work up the nerve to start my first ever rhubarb wine from scratch. Funny thing is that I started this hobby saying rhubarb would be my first wine since we grow a lot of it. Now it waits in the freezer with a new crop ready to emerge shortly. 😅

Rhubarb is the best! I'm going to "polish" some with my (new to me) buon vino this weekend. I also made a couple of bottles of sparkling with the surplus last racking. Looking forward to trying those later this summer. I'm hoping to polish the rhubarb and my first ever super inky cab with the same filter pads but really don't know if that is a good idea.

Rhubarb is the best! I'm going to "polish" some with my (new to me) buon vino this weekend. I also made a couple of bottles of sparkling with the surplus last racking. Looking forward to trying those later this summer. I'm hoping to polish the rhubarb and my first ever super inky cab with the same filter pads but really don't know if that is a good idea.
Thanks for your input. There are a number of people on this forum who are known rhubarb wine people, but you are a new one to me. Sparkling rhubarb. . . never even thought of that. Glad you chimed in!

I know very little about Elderberry. Do you buy juice or do you get fruit or??? Kind of on my bucket list.
In the distant past we had bushes on our property so I made fresh. This time and a few years ago I purchased Vintners Best concentrate. Note that this is not the best concentrate, as the first ingredient on the label is "apple juice". However, my last batch was VERY well liked (all gone now), a gallon was in stock last Saturday, so I purchased another gallon. The last wine was quite drinkable at the year mark, and that's fine with me. If I can locate fresh elderberries I'll make a heavy duty one.

My notes are not yet up-to-date, but if you're interested in following progress, here's the link:

https://wine.bkfazekas.com/2022-elderberry/
That looks good. I'm trying to work up the nerve to start my first ever rhubarb wine from scratch. Funny thing is that I started this hobby saying rhubarb would be my first wine since we grow a lot of it. Now it waits in the freezer with a new crop ready to emerge shortly. 😅
Rhubarb was my first wine. I followed a recipe found in a newspaper, and the result contained alcohol. 🤣

You can get good recipes from folks here.

That's a nice looking replacement knob!
3CD3CC7D-2B6A-4462-A622-AD2DBC2FA381.jpeg
gosh @toadie i would have thought you would pick up on the C clamp and U channel :try The C clamp even got paint. ,,> filtering rhubarb tonight.<
A2E54B7A-605F-44AC-B363-3BE9F911E119.jpeg
somehow I don’t like leakage and the extra support manages it.

Latest posts

Back