What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I picked 6 bags of elderberries this am, probably about 40 lbs. Now I'm going to have my morning coffee then start on the dreaded front dormer of my house. It's pretty much the only thing left to paint..

This is my project for the weekend. Scrape, sand, replace trimwork on facia boards and get back into paint. Ladders are up, coffee is going down. Should be on the roof shortly..

1407585194696.jpg

This is my project for the weekend. Scrape, sand, replace trimwork on facia boards and get back into paint. Ladders are up, coffee is going down. Should be on the roof shortly..

Better you than me! :)

Headed to the farm shortly to pick peaches. I wasn't planning on making a peach wine this year. But I had a bottle of my 2012 the other night and it was quite good. I may change my mind on a 2014 peach wine before the day is done. ;)

3 Cases a Day Keeps the Dr. Away!

Started last weekend sorting, cleaning and stacking cases of empties prior to blending my 2012 wines from fresh grapes via Lodi, CA. In total 18 cases of bottles are needed for this venture! I have 12 Gallons of Cabernet Sauvignon, 12 Gallons of Zinfandel, 12 Gallons of Syrah and 6 gallons of Petit Syrah to play with. I have 6 blends I am looking at recreating with these wines. Taste test from last weekend was very pleasing! :p

Actually not on my way yet. Copilot is sick. Waiting for a replacement.

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

Crushed and pressed 250 Lbs of crab apples with the family today. So much fun! Ended up with 9 Gallons UK out of it (close to 11 Gal US). Some will be pasteurized for juice - the kids couldn't stop drinking it, a gallon went into the freezer for a later project, and the last bit I split into two-three gallon batches. One will be Tom's Apple Cider recipe, and the other is currently sitting at an SG of 1.095 using entirely golden brown sugar.

Also had to set a gallon aside for Mom as she wants it for making spiced cider at Christmas. Good, productive day!

picked about 30 pounds of crab apples, then had to move the boy back home from his college apartment. So I get my bottler/cellar rat back for a while until he pays off his student loans, gets money for a car and a down payment on a house/apartment. But, we did donate some of his college furniture to a less fortunate family, which made us feel good. Took a Catawba and a Cranberry Pomegranate to a party, and we are drinking a Catawba right now to close out the night....

Spent all day Friday at Da Bronx Zoo.
Spent all day Sat at an amusement park with my kids.
Had intended to spend today racking wine, but came home to no hot water.
Looks like I will be repairing the hot water heater

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

Just ordered 2 20 gallon brute cans from Amazon. Cheaper than home depot and I don't have to go pick them up. Should have them Thursday in preparation for my 50 lbs of peaches..

that looks awesome cimbaliw, wish I didn't see it while lunch time is still an hour away!

This evening I'm handing over my wine to a friend of mine who works in a winery and will bottle it for me under proper screwcap... A bit nervous about my first effort but really looking forward to cracking a bottle open...

Heading out for a play date with the kids and some friends. Hopefully they will nap afterwards and I can get my crab apple wine/cider racked.

Made a double batch of low-sugar, no-pectin raspberry jam yesterday, along with my apricot salsa. Hoping to do a strawberry-margarita jam today or tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back