What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got some flooring done and racked a Sauvignon Blanc. Finally getting to some reasonable temps around here! Was starting to lose faith in spring arriving!

Carolyn, I agree about starting to lose faith in Spring. I would love to see pictures of your log cabin. Is this your main house or a vacation home? I replaced the carpet in two rooms in my house last year. We ended up going with a high end Pergo instead of real hardwood due to time and money. Just seeing how much dirt you sweep up every few days from regular traffic makes you realize the crud your carpets are holding.

Carolyn, I agree about starting to lose faith in Spring. I would love to see pictures of your log cabin. Is this your main house or a vacation home? I replaced the carpet in two rooms in my house last year. We ended up going with a high end Pergo instead of real hardwood due to time and money. Just seeing how much dirt you sweep up every few days from regular traffic makes you realize the crud your carpets are holding.

Hey Dan, this is for my main home it a log house. It was so old that the ordinal hardwood was not in good enough shape to refinish. But boy I hear ya on the carpet holding piles of dirt! The living room and den had cheap carpet and I was SO tired of vacuuming all the hair from my Pyrenees/golden retriever. And from constant steam cleaning it after dogs muddy feet timing around I spring time. I have a mud room too! So we with a nice caramelized hand scraped maple (laminate) that looks quite nice! Kitchen is done, waiting for my new island/bar. Currently doing the den and living room in same flooring to give better flow. But my life is upside down with everything out of array! Just finished getting subfloor done and will start the real floor in here tomorrow!

ImageUploadedByWine Making1396135111.020310.jpg

Just sliced and seasoned 5lb. Roast to throw in the smoker got hungry for some good jerky

Pooh in jealous! Well I did manage to have a traditional meal of roast sirloin with mashed potatoes and asparagus. If I had been hungry when reading your post, I'd be out there digging my smoker out of the garage already! I've been craving homemade need jerky for awhile!

Do you have a recipe you care to share?

Pooh in jealous! Well I did manage to have a traditional meal of roast sirloin with mashed potatoes and asparagus. If I had been hungry when reading your post, I'd be out there digging my smoker out of the garage already! I've been craving homemade need jerky for awhile!

Ooh I'm jealous! Getting tired of autocorrect!

I buy Hi mountain jerky seasonings already premixed I cheat a little and spice it up with more pepper but the seasoning is fantastic

My wife went out of town to do some pre-wedding duties, which I guess is the role of a bridesmaid.
Meanwhile I had to dump 30 bottles of Pinot noir a head made way back in 2006 in anticipation of my son's birth.
At that time I was very green in my winemaking and I thought it would be nice to keep bottles around for one he turned drinking age.
What did I know!
It all went bad, so I dumped it cleaned and deal evil 30 bottles , while the kids played.
Then the kids and myself took our puppy to the pet store to buy some treats.
We then went and got a bag of burritos For dinner.
I popped a bottle of 2013 chianti and introduced my son to super 70s kung fu movies complete with really bad overdubbing .
My son is hooked !

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

My wife went out of town to do some pre-wedding duties, which I guess is the role of a bridesmaid.
Meanwhile I had to dump 30 bottles of Pinot noir a head made way back in 2006 in anticipation of my son's birth.
At that time I was very green in my winemaking and I thought it would be nice to keep bottles around for one he turned drinking age.
What did I know!
It all went bad, so I dumped it cleaned and deal evil 30 bottles , while the kids played.
Then the kids and myself took our puppy to the pet store to buy some treats.
We then went and got a bag of burritos For dinner.
I popped a bottle of 2013 chianti and introduced my son to super 70s kung fu movies complete with really bad overdubbing .
My son is hooked !

Aw that sucks bit it sounds like you had an awesome evg with your kids! I miss having young ones around!

I buy Hi mountain jerky seasonings already premixed I cheat a little and spice it up with more pepper but the seasoning is fantastic

You got that right. I have a stock pile of there apple one. It seems to come and go so I always stock up when given the chance. So far it's just ground meat in the extruded but it rocks. After the deer hunt I have more ground than I know what to do with. Didn't make it threw last years stash before this years hunt.

If only my wife would eat cute things. I would be set

Dang, my third entry today, and not a very happy one. As I was working in the winery, which is in the basement, I noticed something didn't look right. Aw, shoot, the sewer backed up again. I had snaked it less than a year ago with a light-duty snake. Decided I needed to go at it with a big snake. Off to Home Despot. I can barely lift the big one, I hate to admit. (It's about 200 lb.) It was a b!tch getting it home and to the basement. (Truth be told, I had to pay the snake out, then take the unit down the stairs, then bring the snake down afterwards. Then the reverse to get the thing out of the basement.) Anyway, I got the drain cleared and everything cleaned up. I can reassemble stuff tomorrow.:sl

Dang, my third entry today, and not a very happy one. As I was working in the winery, which is in the basement, I noticed something didn't look right. Aw, shoot, the sewer backed up again. I had snaked it less than a year ago with a light-duty snake. Decided I needed to go at it with a big snake. Off to Home Despot. I can barely lift the big one, I hate to admit. (It's about 200 lb.) It was a b!tch getting it home and to the basement. (Truth be told, I had to pay the snake out, then take the unit down the stairs, then bring the snake down afterwards. Then the reverse to get the thing out of the basement.) Anyway, I got the drain cleared and everything cleaned up. I can reassemble stuff tomorrow.:sl
Says it all...

image.jpg

Day 2 of being Mr Mom.
Damp & raining,
Going to be difficult to take puppy on long walks.

Not much else planned except dumping the other 12 bottles of Pinot.

Started an Island Mist kit today. White Zinfandel. Sangria, added sugar to boost the Sp G. to ~1.72.
Yesterday I bottled a regular Skeeter Pee.

Just babying my WS super Tuscan. Used BM 4x4 yeast for the first time. Gave the second dose of fermaid today. Squeezed the merlot skin bag. Now off with the wifey for a Sunday fun day

Latest posts

Back