What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went on my first foray out of the house since my surgery a week ago. Just to the grocery store (ok, ok, to hunt down possibilities for my next batch of wine). It was...exhausting. Yikes.

My husband and daughter went up the train bridge while I was 'shopping', and she was totally thrilled when two of the conductors blew the train whistle and waved at her. 3 year old heaven!

cooked 25 lbs of beef brisket and 25 lbs of pork butt.and boiled and ground 10 lbs of red chillis....
Making 30 dozen of tamales tomorrow for the holidays.
its 80 degrees here , i am in flip flops, shorts and the ac is own,.
i am having chilled peach blush....

cooked 25 lbs of beef brisket and 25 lbs of pork butt.and boiled and ground 10 lbs of red chillis....
Making 30 dozen of tamales tomorrow for the holidays.
its 80 degrees here , i am in flip flops, shorts and the ac is own,.
i am having chilled peach blush....

James, tell us about the Peacock Bass fishing!

the biggest peacock bass was 12 lbs. which was a little discouraging.
but they have been over fished so much..it was good to see a good comeback.
I caught , have no clue how many black bass, in the 3 lb range.another which was over fished...
making a come back for sure.
25 years ago, you could catch `12 lb bass, and 20 lb peacock bass all day.
i have to go to the amazon, next for the big peacock bass.

cimbaliw said:
Kitchen carnage. Sausage making day.

We made bratwurst and cheddar and beer wurst plus a huge vat of marinara sauce to freeze. Now it's time to relax with some and a John Wayne movie.

This was one of the last nice days that we will see for a while so I spent my time outside cleaning up the yard. I had leaves everywhere and a neighbor recommended a process that worked like a charm. He said run your mulching lawn mower over the leaves on the grass (instead of raking them) and then put the bag on the mower and go over the yard again. I raked the leaves from my flower beds onto the grass first. I used to have to empty the bag about every two passes when I just mowed and bagged the leaves but this made it so much easier. The leaves are really chewed up and went on the compost pile. I only had to empty the bag about 8 times. I clipped and shredded my ornamental grasses and cut all perennials down to the ground. I have a little more to do if I get to it but if the bad weather comes and stays, I am okay. I still would like to have one more decent day to put down my second application of "winterizer" fertilizer on the grass.

Yes. From scratch. Left to right: secret recipe. nutmeg brats. kielbasa. cheddar jalapeño. It took four bottles of beer and four bottles of wine to get through this task but we managed to survive.

image-376916451.jpg

cimbaliw they look very appetizing! What time is dinner?
James, I feel real bad for you in that 80°.......not really.....lol! Yep that was jealousy!

Looks good to me. I tried my hand at summer sausage last winter and it turned out pretty good. It was 20% pork belly and 80% deer. I tried making pepperoni but my meat grinder didn't want to stuff the casing. I just made it into jerky, turned out ok too. A sausage stuffer is next on the equipment list. Now if only my wife would eat deer.

Oh also I finished painting the nursery today and helped a friend pick up a new living room set among other things

Mixing up some tandoori paste for tonight's dinner. Then off to church, and maybe bottle some port later.

Anyone have pairing suggestions for Tandoori Chicken?

Just got 12lbs of apples from my Sister's apple tree now I need to figure out what to do with them. I'm thinking of getting some more apples and possibly a couple of gallons of cider to go in with them. What to do, what to do?

Back