What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing Important

Absolutely nothing important to say, just wanted to get that 300 post in. :hug

After a long week of work, its wine and pizza night. Tomorrow, it's time to put the mower away and bottle the Luna Rosa and Peach Chardonnay....

Went over a buddies house, added Optimalo and VP31 MLB to 15 gallons of Valpolicella, 15 Gallons Brunello, 15 gallons of Amarone, and 15 gallons of a blend of the three reds, added Yeast hulls to these wine after smelling what appeared to be a slight hint of sulfur, this will take cafe of this asap.
Stabilized with Meta and added yeast hulls to 15 gallons of Chardonnay, 15 Gallons of Pinot Grigio, 15 gallons of Moscato, and 6 gallons of a blend of the 3 whites.
We sampled a Magnum of Brunello and 1 1/2 gallon of Alicante....lol...thank god it was after adjusting the wine...LMAO!
We talked about getting a 200 liter (52 gal) barrel for next season, and making 50 gallons of Sangiovese and 50 gallons of Pinot Grigio, and a Crusher/Destemmer....electric of course...LMAO!!
It's a long way until next year, but my buddy now sees the difference between Kits, Juice Pails and Fresh Grapes.

Going to rack the peach raspberry sangria, then go and watch my 8 and 3 year old Grandbabies in their bowling league, come home and start cleaning and sanitizing 8 cases of bottles to get ready for bottling day tomorrow. Tonight we are going to the Swansboro by Candlelight festival and another wine tasting. It's going to be a good day. Also picked up the WE Symphony wine kit. Probably start that on Monday though.

I am recovering from traveling, doing laundry, picking up veggies from our CSA, cleaning the house, and putting the snow tires on on the cars. Then I am having a shrimp feast, courtesy of jamesngalveston. Yes, folks, it is a small world!

sanitizing bottles, racking a bunch of wines, splitting my Cab Franc into two 3 gallon batchs in order to add chocolate to one batch, vanilla to the other. This evening, might do another batch of apple pie moonshine.

I am going to degas and clarify my 6 gallon batch of Zin/Syrah blend. Also in the planning stages for starting a 6 gallon batch of Riesling wine from concentrate. I have to finish getting my basement setup for this cool temerature fermintation.

Last day at the happiest place on earth (no, not Napa). Been away from my wines for 7 days and I miss them. :D

Been having a great time though. Near perfect weather and light crowds.

I decided to brew a beer this weekend. I have only made one batch so far this year. I normally will do between 8 and 10 batches a year. Today's brew is a Porter, an extract kit from More Beer. I think I will leave it as is. Last week I brewed a Stout and added 6 oz. cocoa nibs to the boil for the last 10 minutes. I racked it today into a carboy and added 2 oz. American oak and some coffee. Man it sure smells good!

Got a miserable cold but if I could muster the energy I'll be racking three carboys of the Wedding Wine (Pinot Noir) and one of Syrah. :sh

pumpkinman...i keep them simple.

materials.....

2 pcs 1 x 10 x 6-0
2 pcs 1 x 10 x 18 "
8 pcs 1 x 10 x 16 1/2"

material cost 36.00 including nails for finnish nailer
labor 1 hour
this one will be full at days end..i am bottling today.

20131109_120639.jpg

Mike made a porter from a kit once, wow was that good. I don't really like beer but I could drink that!

Made it into Mi for a weekend shopping trip with the wife.

Fingers crossed the ghost at home doesn't drink all my wine

Mike made a porter from a kit once, wow was that good. I don't really like beer but I could drink that!
We will have to get together sometime before Christmas and do that! Of course we would also have to drink some wine!
I am anxiously waiting for Christmas week, that means I will be headed south joining the rest of the snow birds!

James, thanks!!!
Phil, I miss Florida, we lived in Cape Coral, near Ft. Myers. I brewed an Oktoberfest 2 nights ago, cannot wait until its done in a few months!

I started today by making eggs for my eggs for my son. His fascinated by sunny side up.
Then spent 5 hours outside in 40 degrees, raking, mowing , moving a dozen wheel barrows of leaves to the compost. Moving dirt from the compost. Cleaned and organized shed, put away pool ladder.
Did 3 loads of laundry.
Bottled my super sweet black cherry rocket fuel.
Racked my Super Tuscan out if secondary. Moved to garage for cold storage.
Emptied dishwasher, loaded dishwasher.
Rinsed and cleaned 2 carboys.
Rinsed and sterilized 12 -8oz mason jars, 1gallon jug and a dozen more jars and jugs. Prepared ingredients for Apple pie.

Ate a few quesadillas an washed it down with a glass of 2009 super Tuscan!

Latest posts

Back