What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn, it takes a lot of marbles to fill empty space in a carboy. There is still a couple inches but its getting better. I still have to back sweeten and rack it a couple more times. The really good news is despite adding too much acid to the watermelon it has started coming around and mellowing. Another 3 or 4 months it might actually be drinkable lol

bidding jobs today, racking off a blackberry port, and starting another peach blush, and making home made egg rolls for monday night football.

Working on month-long visits incoming from the Ukraine. Outgoing missions to China & Vietnam. Sick baby care. Also, prepped the 'perogy lasagna' for tonight's dinner.

Tonight will hopefully be bottling night! Gotta get everything done before my surgery Friday!

omg i love home made perogy lasagna. .i like to leave some peeling on the potatoes just to give a little bit diffrent flavor...and I use lots of bacon.
hope all is well with your surgery, even though i have no idea what it is..
be well..

Right!?! Perogy lasagna is awesome. And ditto on the bacon and potato peels :) I top mine with caramelized onions, sour cream and green onions too. Yum!

Thanks for the good wishes James, it's not a serious surgery, just one that's gotta be done. Looking forward to not being in pain anymore afterwards!

Happy day. Seems like my dog has finally calmed down enough to sit beside the couch as we watch tv without acting like a nut case.

Racked the cherry into secondary and backsweetened the peach chardonnay. Time to bottle the apple pie moonshine.

"Perogy Lasagna is Awesome" Recipe coming up!

"Perogy lasagna is awesome"
Okay, someone has got to share the recipe for this! Never heard of it before.

Here goes.
Cut washed potatoes (I like mine un-peeled) and an onion into big chunks
Boil in water until soft
Drain & Mash with milk/cream, butter, cheese, salt & pepper (now you have mashed potatoes!)
Bring another pot to a boil & cook lasagna noodles until just done. Drain
While the noodles are boiling, dice 1 Lb of bacon & fry until crisp
Grate some cheese.
Layer it all into a casserole dish: potatoes, bacon, noodles, cheese. Repeat.
Pop it into the oven until the cheese on top is all melted and browned.
While it's in the oven, I like to take some of the leftover bacon grease and caramelize onions in it.

Once the casserole is all bubbly and brown, pull it out, top with extra bacon bits, sour cream, green onions, and the fried onions.

Add a vegetable to the side if you're feeling guilty (but why would you? this is an entire casserole dish of awesome) and enjoy!
:b

Let us know how you like it!

I racked my Red Mountain Cab Sauv kit from primary to secondary. Sadly, I am out of carboys for the foreseeable future. (I only have 3. Amarone slated to be bottled on Dec. 23.)

Rayway, I hope all is well with your surgery.

The recipe looks very interesting. I have a couple of questions:

What kind of potatoes?
Are you boiling the onions with the potatoes and them mashing both?
What kind of cheese in the potatoes?
What kind of cheese do you grate for the top?
What temperature do you use to bake?

Sounds like some serious "comfort food" to me. Thanks for sharing.

Measuring S02 in my 4 eclipse kit wines at various stages of aging, measuring malic acid in my montepulciano MLF and squeezing my grape pack in a primary fermentation of CC Amarone style. I also just ordered 2013 Vino Superiore organic Barbera d Alba frozen must from my local brew shop.
I am having fun.

Rayway, I hope all is well with your surgery.

The recipe looks very interesting. I have a couple of questions:

What kind of potatoes?
Are you boiling the onions with the potatoes and them mashing both?
What kind of cheese in the potatoes?
What kind of cheese do you grate for the top?
What temperature do you use to bake?

Sounds like some serious "comfort food" to me. Thanks for sharing.

Hey Rocky, thanks for the well-wishes :)

The thing to remember about me is that I use the "kitchen sink method" when I cook (also, everything is gluten free, lol!)...

What kind of potatoes? I like red-skinned, but any thin-skinned will do. If you're doing baking potatoes, peel most of them as the skin, while sooo yummy, can be really tough
Are you boiling the onions with the potatoes and them mashing both? Yes to the first onion I indicated, the others are fried in the bacon grease
What kind of cheese in the potatoes? If I have nothing else on hand, young cheddar. I prefer a mixture of smoked cheeses: gouda, mozza, swiss with some cheddar mixed in. Use what you like!
What kind of cheese do you grate for the top? see above, again, use what you like!
What temperature do you use to bake? go for 375ish. It's really just to melt the cheese as everything is cooked, so use a higher temp if you're in a rush

I'm lucky, Bothwell Cheese is not too far from our place and if you go on a Monday the cheese is still warm in the packages. Plus they sell the 'trim ends' cheap, which is how I get my trio of smoked cheese. I just pop them into the food processor on shred and then freeze till they're needed.

Enjoy!

How Drugged Was I

Kind of makes me wonder what the drugs were that the Oral Surgeon gave me that I didn't notice these in the back of the SUV. I went to put the recycles out this morning and found them with a card from my husband. I love how he supports me in my wine making.

IMG_0322.jpg

Only got one chore done today

Got the Chardonnay ready to be put in the bedroom for aging. First pic I couldn't decide if she was guarding it or wanting a drink. The 2nd is it's ready for bed.

IMG_2276.jpg

IMG_2279.jpg

Kind of makes me wonder what the drugs were that the Oral Surgeon gave me that I didn't notice these in the back of the SUV. I went to put the recycles out this morning and found them with a card from my husband. I love how he supports me in my wine making.

Thats some serious support. Looks like you will be very busy....

What a crock of crap.....I waited over an hr in the waiting room, 20 mins in the chair before they told me...The Oral Surgeon left our group.....you'll have to look for another one.................GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Latest posts

Back