What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dang Dan, I would have loved to be there to help! About the time your grapes arrived I was being bitched out over the phone because a boiler had malfunctioned. I think crushing grapes would have been the therapy I needed at that time!

I can feel your pain, Phil. I remember those days when I worked at LECOM.

I made a Tangelo/Carrot (5 litre) and a Dragons Blood (11.5 litre - in a bucket to the left - not in the photo).
Yesterday I made Apple/Pineapple/Guava from juices. The other day the Cape Gooseberry/Banana.
The Grapefruit in the back is a couple of weeks ago.
I have lots of the 23L carboys, but I'm getting more scared to lift the bloody things lately.
Jeepers they're getting heavy (or I'm getting older). No comments required :p
I only have 3 of the 11.5 litre (3gal) ones. They're my favourite size! Must get more or get stronger :D

all small_31_10.JPG

Well we were ready by 8:30 this morning for the arrival of 10 tons of Cab Sauv to crush. Just our luck they showed up at 3:40 just 20 minutes before time to go home. We never let grapes sit over night so there was no leaving until they came. Talk about hustling with just two guys, by 6 pm we were going home. In that time we unloaded the truck, tested the grapes, crushed, added sugar, yeast and oak chips, cleaned up the entire place and have all ten bins now ready to ferment on their skins. These grapes were still hanging on their vines at 1:30.

I just find this whole scenario....... staggering and exhausting! You are a better man than I!

Took the day off since it was my 23rd anniversary with my current employer and to transfer the latest batch of juice to carboys. Today was supposed to be my daughters Halloween Party at school, needless to say at 2:00 she woke us up stating she didn't feel well. Temp was 101.8 at that time. Temp has receded to a normal level at this point but she's still not feeling 100%. Hopefully she feels better later.

I did manage to transfer the 6 gallons of Apple, 24 gallons of Catawba, 6 gallons of Diamond into glass. The Diamond was from the previous batch of juice that I forgot to transfer. Will transfer the Elderberry in a little bit and the Cherry will be this weekend. It's still sitting at 1.030.

Pouring down rain here, so not working ...I can not get enough of my peach blush...started 2 6 gallon batches today, racked my blackberry port, and about to rack a straight dry blackberry.....
invited to halloween party...and guess what they wanted me to bring..
i get lots of party invites lately.

there is no place that I hate more than a funeral home. But it's nice to see that a deceased friend touched so many lives. He will be missed.

The kids come home from college for a partial weekend visit. My son has volunteered to bottle, as long as he can take a bottle back to school. My daughter won't help, but will still take a bottle back to school. I need to go and sanitize some clear bottles.

Sorry you lost a friend Hokapsig. Sorry your sick Tom and Dan your just mean!! :)

Raining buckets here to James. High winds. Worked today Just got off. All Im gonna do is pop a cork watch the tube As long as my satellite hangs in there. My TV and Internet are both via a dish

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back